• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rocna 15 33lbs

chesapeake albin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: chesapeake

Rocna 15 33lbs

Post by chesapeake albin »

Can anyone tell me if the Rocna 15 will fit in the standard bow roller?

any opinions if this is too much anchor for the 28TE? will be paired with 50' 5/16 chain..

Thanks
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Re: Rocna 15 33lbs

Post by drbob »

Rocna 10: 22lb. Galvanized Anchor, 23'--36' Boat Length, 28.5"L x 14.4"W x 12.9"H
Rocna 15: 33lb. Galvanized Anchor, 26'--39' Boat Length, 32.7"L x 16.3"W x 14.2"H

We put a 25lb Mantus on the bow. That weight is what's called a "working" (everyday) anchor versus a lighter lunch hook or a heavier (35 lb) storm anchor.

At 33 lbs you're more in the storm anchor range.

The Mantus is a bolt together Rocna style anchor but with a weighted tip for ease of setting it (usually within its own length.

So, I measured the shank of the anchor and hit two snags. First, pulling the anchor all the way up snug resulted in it riding up the curved part connected to the shovel end. And that resulted in the bolts of the anchor barely coming into contact with the underside of the pulpit. That could lead so some damage in a bouncy ride situation. So, I bought six inches of 2 inch diameter rubber hose from West Marine. Slit it length wise and secured it to the front of the pulpit with two screws on the top edge letting it wrap around the bottom edge of the pulpit. Now it rides snug with a cushioning effect of the hose against the pulpit.

The biggest challenge is the width of the roller and roll bar. The first two swivels I bought wouldn't fit through. Secondly, the larger of the two swivels rated for this size anchor a boat had a pin that was to large to fit through the slot in the anchor. Back to WM and they exchanged it for the next size down.

Bob DeGroot
A28TE Box "Day Tripper"
Cape Coral, Fl
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Ct

Post by Pedro »

Deboned, I'm considering a 22lb rocna or delta, I have no windlass, do you have a windlass?
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Pedro »

Drbob, (not deboned). lol,, you got a love autocorrect on the iPad ,
No Bananas
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Marina Del Rey, Ca

Post by No Bananas »

Worked for me. Roxana 15, new pro fish 1000 500' rode 60' 5/16 chain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
No Bananas
Mate
Mate

Post by No Bananas »

Rocna not Roxana. Stupid spellcheck
No Bananas
Mate
Mate

Post by No Bananas »

Rocna not Roxana. Stupid spellcheck
Pedro
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Pedro »

No Bananas, The Rocna 15 is 33lbs? Your set up is just wha I need, do you like the pro fish, a mech told me they had issues, it's actually wha I was thinking of,Pete
Paddy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Freeport, NY

Post by Paddy »

My boat came with a 22lb Rocna & 50+ feet of chain and the Profish 700. I found it to be heavy and overkill for me. I anchor multiple times a trip and in fairly shallow waters, so a lighter high tensile danforth works well on the south shore of Long Island. Ironically, my boat came from CT, so maybe the Rocna works well for you folks on the sound.

I have it in the attic and will part with it for a very reasonable price!
2004 28TE
Magnarae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford NY

Post by Magnarae »

Paddy I sent you a PM.
Bjorn B
2002 28 TE Engine Box
315 Yanmar
No Bananas
Mate
Mate

Post by No Bananas »

Pete,
I saw mixed reviews on the profish 1000 but had one on my previous boat with no trouble. The Rocna is a perfect addition if you want to sleep on the hook without one eye open. The anchor is bad ass. Lewmar in general is a good product. I added one through bolt to the track on the pulpit and made a new anchor bail. ( the stainless "U" shaped piece that sits over the top of the anchor when in it's home position) All else was plug and play.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”