• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location of Zincs

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Location of Zincs

Post by mjohnh »

I purchased my 2005 28TE (Yanmar diesel) 1.5 years ago.....having a great time.......Now, I am looking for maintenance information on location of zinc anodes.......I have looked through the manuals given to me at time of purchase and do not find the answer to the location of engine anodes and location of anodes on the hull, rudder, etc (if any) Any input on this will be appreciated......I may have to order maintenance booklets from Yanmar, but do not want to wait for that right now.....Thanks in advance....john Hefner Saugatuck, Mi......p.s. ( I have read that fresh water boats don't need the anode changes as often as salt water....true???)
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: Location of Zincs

Post by catalina_mike »

I joined as a supporter and got access to the document library. I then started compiling a users manual on all the systems and parts. Here is the link to the 6LP zinc locations for supporting members. viewtopic.php?f=45&t=2359 There is also zinc call outs for the running gear in anouther section.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Re: Location of Zincs

Post by mjohnh »

Thank you, Mike.....