• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Fuel tank 31te

Jforesta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Northport

Fuel tank 31te

Post by Jforesta »

My new 31 is located in MD and I do not have access to it right now.
I know it has 2 fuel fills port and starboard. Is this one tank or is it two seperate tanks.
If this can be clarified that would be great.
SeaQuel
1997 31TE
3126 Cat
Formally
Abbastanza
2000 Albin 28 TE
Joe F
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Re: Fuel tank 31te

Post by amber jj »

Our 2000 31TE has 3 separate 100 gal.aluminum tanks all joined together.They all fill equally from port or starboard.
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Post by irishwake »

My 2002 has three tanks, same as above.
Steam Flyer
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Eastern NC

Post by Steam Flyer »

Jforesta wrote:My new 31 is located in MD and I do not have access to it right now.
I know it has 2 fuel fills port and starboard. Is this one tank or is it two seperate tanks.
If this can be clarified that would be great.
Yep, it should be 3 seperate tanks, with a header & valves connecting them. On my 31TE there are two valves accessible thru the central aft hatch in the cockpit floor; these cross-connect the 3 fuel tanks so you can fill all three from either side. Why ever close them? Well there's a couple of reasons you might want to isolate the fuel tanks such as contamination, keeping a reserve, balancing the boat if there is an uneven load (this would affect stability, not a good idea IMHO), but I think most people just leave them open all the time.

FB- Doug K

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”