• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Radar removal from radar arch 28 te

socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: san diego

Radar removal from radar arch 28 te

Post by socalmike »

We are removing the arch and adding a tower. How do I get the simrad radar cable out of the arch? I don't want to cut the cable. I know how to get it out of the dome, but can I pull it through the arch and down into the starboard panel behind the seat? Any info is appreciated.

Mike.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Radar removal from radar arch 28 te

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Which simrad radar do you have? My 4g has a cat6 plug at the display end and a large plug at the radar end. Might be easier to remove it from the display and pull it all the way through rather than just unplugging at the radar
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by socalmike »

Old school. Rb715a. 24". Let me know best way.
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Ok I just looked up the install instructions for that unit, as I suspected it is installed the same as my furuno was. Coming from the radar you have a cable that goes to some sort of junction box or strip, and a second cable that goes from there to the display. Basically two wires with bare ends on one end and plugs on the other. It's just a matter of finding that junction and noting the positions of each side and disconnecting them all. You can then pull the wire out from the radar end. I've attached a pic of the pillar of my boat. If you look about halfway up at the bow end of the pillar you can see the connector strip they used for my radar...the only thing that would concern me would be if they cut your cable to the length they needed...might not be any slack left to move the radar up...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

If your existing cable does not have enough slack to put the radar back where you want it just cut it and save yourself some time. My Furno was run to a overhead enclosure and does not go down just forward. The power cable does run down the hardtop support starboard side as shown in Jeremyvmd's picture. Give a mouse a cookie... No good deed goes unpunished when working on boats.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by socalmike »

Thanks for the info. Looks like I can feed the connector back through the arch. The whole is about an inch in diameter. Will keep you posted.
socalmike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by socalmike »

Was able to feed all the wiring back through the arch. Had to use debond to break the seal of 4200/5200. That stuff is amazing. Arch is off.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”