• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member from San Diego

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
mattkalla
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Diego, CA

New Member from San Diego

Post by mattkalla »

My Wife and I purchased a 2006 Albin 28TE. Love it. Looking forward to hearing some tips on keeping the boat in tip top shape. :D
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: New Member from San Diego

Post by catalina_mike »

Welcome to the club.. I am in Dana Point with our 1999 28TE. There is one more 28TE there and express trawler (I think that is what Tony's vessel is). We go over to Catalina and I'm trying to learn to fish..
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
mattkalla
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mattkalla »

Thank you. Looking forward to heading to Catalina one of these days. Would like to catch some white sea bass when they start showing up there. I have seen 3 28's in San Diego. The boat always turns heads. Caught a lot of fish on it this last season. Good luck on the fishing learning curve. Just remember, they do call it fishing.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Rub, buff, tinker, spend some money, Repeat.
mattkalla
Swabby
Swabby

Post by mattkalla »

Mark Deeser wrote:Rub, buff, tinker, spend some money, Repeat.
Yes, my memory is coming back quickly from the last boat. I figure either the boat, my kids or the government will take my money. The boat is cheaper :lol:
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Mattkalla: Welcome to the group. The 28te is a great boat and you have one of fine one near the end of their best production. We have long time friends in San Diego with a condo over at Avalon, Catalina Island. We visit them their but have done no boating in the area. Would love to have a boat at Long Beach or Dana Point for a season or two. Enjoy the summer.
whwells "Howard"
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by catalina_mike »

Howard,
We also have a condo on the island. It is at Hamilton Cove... Small world I might know them.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Good Morning Mike: Had noticed your have a condo at Catalina. Congra's on that smart buy. Hamilton Cove is the best if the Island with those wonderful views. Pat and I looked at them many years ago. We were concerned about the monthly dues and passed. Probably was a bad move. Our friends are Don & Laurie Cline of San Diego. Can't recall the name of their condo complex at the moment. Don is a retired attorney well mostly. We never seem to get completely done. Next time we visit Don and Laurie I will drop you a note and if it works out maybe have coffee or one of those great breakfast on the water. Don and I have been friends for over 50 years. We love the limited number of auto's there and transportation is walking, biking, and golf carts. What a change from the mainland!
Howard
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by catalina_mike »

Well please stay in-touch so we can try and coordinate a meeting. We rent the heck out of our place during the silly season. Not sure how much longer that will be going on. I use to drive the King Neptune Dive boat for Scuba Luv. I also teach diving for them as my schedule allows.. Going next weekend for the harbor cleanup was going to dive it on re-breathers but I think they need more dive masters so I will help out.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937

Return to “New Member Introductions”