• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rear top options

What to do?

Keep it long
63%
Shorten it
38%

Total votes: 8

Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Re: Rear top options

Post by Serenity »

One thing to consider when you come up with a practical idea for the second half of the bimini, where are you going to store it? Just a thought.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
bobm
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Savannah, GA.

Post by bobm »

I have the full length top with only the 2 uprights on the corners. These disconnect easily and the top can be zipped off of the hard top extension to remove it completely. I like the shade down here in Georgia where the sun gets very hot so I don't normally remove the top. Have not had any problems when offshore bottom fishing for Sea Bass and Snapper. Mine does have the zip and snap on panels for a full enclosure which I think is great for overnighting or just protection when at dock. I think you could move the supports back to that last bow, add camper enclosure panels to stop at that point, and have a great compromise with the effect of a large cabin enclosure when needed and more open space to fish. Guess it would be kind of a Rosburough 246 style effect. Pictures of mine are listed on the fore sale or wanted section under "2005 Albin for Sale in Savannah."
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Jeremyvmd: Their have been some really nice posting regarding your rear top options. I did see your post regarding the Flattery hardtop. It is very nice for the bad weather and strong enough to walkout on. Downside is casting is difficult for fishing. Have had some problems posting a good close of picture as requested.
Did send one down to John. Maybe it will get posted to this section. I do think for all around use a half cover would work well assume that gives you the rain and sun protection desired. After posting this note I see there is a reference to the Yacht World posting in the PNW Rendezvous section. Flattery is on the market as I hope to return to an Albin. Sabre's are great boats but a 42' is more than I need.
whwells 'Howard"
Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Yea there have been some great ideas and opinions so far. I think for this year we will deal with the top full size and see how it fits into our lives. I appreciate everyone's help this far!
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine has been set up to swing forward and stow under the rocket launchers so you can still fish effectively.

http://photo.pacificwestcontrols.com/~M ... e/xknnAEK6
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”