• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
lwiltsee
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by lwiltsee »

Ahoy!

My wife, Edie and I are currently the owners of a Catalina 34 (sloop) sailing out of Sausalito, CA. Approaching our 8th decade, we are pondering "repowering" with an Albin. Several skippers have mentioned the 28 as a good choice for the kind of use we are contemplating. So, I thought I'd look at the owners' group and you seemed friendly and welcoming. So, that's what's up with us.
Lamont Wiltsee
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Re: New Member

Post by catalina_mike »

We haven't spent the weekend on our 28TE yet but have taken it to Catalina a few times. It is very stable and comfortable ride. The keel makes a big difference in stability. Our lives are pretty crazy and time has not allowed me to use her as much as I would like to. I dive from her when in Catalina and schelp stuff to the island for our condo there. She is a real work horse and comfortable.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
OldDemps
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Francisco, CA.

Post by OldDemps »

Lamont
I have a 2006 flush deck 28 TE in Tiburon CA. Paradise cay if you'd like to come aboard. It's my second 28 Albin. I sent you an email thru this site or message me directly and we'll get you onboard.
All the best
Chris
Currently boatless
Prior owner of
SKOL -1975 Albin 25 #2240
JOKA -2006 Albin 28TE Flush Deck
JOKA - 2000 Albin 28TE Gatsby Ed.
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

We've had the opportunity to spend a couple nights on board and are heading up to Ft. Myers for the Art Fest tomorrow and will spend 4 nights there. There is an article about a couple on the west coast who spent 90 nights on board cruising the coast.

Ours is a 2005 Engine Box with AC and a gen set. So we now have an electric galley (Foreman grill, toaster, Keurig, etc.). Donated the little gas single burner that came with it.

It's a much different experience than when we lived on our DeFever 49 CPMY for 3 years doing the loop. That was home, this is more like camping out.

Enjoy the experience,
Bob DeGroot
2005 A28TE
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

We have never had anyone say a negative word about the Albin line, all the owners we have meet have been more than pleasant, you could sure do worse. Thanks, Mark.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: The 28te us just a fine boat as are all the TE Series. We have a number of friends who stay abroad for extended weekend and short cruises some even a month. Assume you will cruise mostly in the Delta. It will also be a fine fishing boat out beyond the Golden Gate Bridge.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”