• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

thermal image camera

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

thermal image camera

Post by got2dive »

At ny boat show saw raymarines fixed mount thermal camera was thinking about getting it for my 31te cost about 3500 anyone haave one or have an opion any info would be helpful
ksquared
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Richmond,CA

Re: thermal image camera

Post by ksquared »

I guess it depends on what you will be using it for. I run a decent amount at night and love the camera. The fix mount do not compensate for any swell so if running in any chop or swell viewing can make you a little sick. But it is easy to adjust on the fly if you're not happy with your field of view. One thing I don't like, is that the camera is always "on". So even if you are not viewing it, the camera is still working or at least warm to the touch (so i just assume it is on). Would be nice to put a switch on it so it is only truly on when both the switch and MFD is on. I think I have the T 253.

But really like the resolution especially with debris floating in the water and also even different heat signatures when we are boating next to an island. In tight quarters, I just maneuver the boat to look at things since it is fixed. I feel more comfortable running at night with it.
got2dive
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: none

Post by got2dive »

Thanks for the info i just bought the flir version and im going to hook it up to a tv. What do you mean that you can adjust the field of vision
Cape Codder
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cape Codder »

Bob
2003 Albin 28 TE
Santosha

Return to “General Discussion”