• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Where do I get parts for 1984 61 hp Lehman?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Jeremyvmd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Waretown nj

Re: Where do I get parts for 1984 61 hp Lehman?

Post by Jeremyvmd »

Similar to the fitting on a disk brake. Big ring with a drilled bolt. Similar to below.

http://www.himni-racing.com/index.php?m ... ge&pID=989
1989 Viking 45C “Knot Crazy”
1998 Albin 28te "Shady Lady" *sold*
1999 seagull nautico 19 "Purrrspective" *sold*
Native watercraft prostaff
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Post by Sprig1 »

I had steel braided fuel lines two or three where leaking when I started the engine for the survey. I found them at a local hydraulic hose place when we where getting a hose for a backhoe. A pleasant surprise don't know price. But at least I know where to get them. Still waiting on ideas for cooling hoses on front of engine! That's the big problem. They are some weird hoses
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Petersburg Municipal Marina, St. Pete Fla.

Post by rnummi »

Here's a post I found in reference to the original question...

The engine is a Peugeot 2112 cc XD90 Indenor engine as used in the Peugeot 504 and most Peugeot parts are directly usable for your engine. American Diesel USA, Lancing Marine in UK and Greg Lilienthal of Bomac Marine USA are 3 key resources. New starters are available but for about $400 when last I looked but if you have an old one all internal parts are available, fuel injection pump, water pump for the engine fresh water is very available, made by GMB and others they may be had from the water pump warehouse and others. the Johnson saltwater pump is likewise available on the internet. I bought most of my parts from the UK as this engine was used in the Ford Classic. If you get really ambitious India used this engine a jeep like vehicle and still make it new for use in irrigation pumps and generators!
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

And another.....parts available from. Peugeot World Brisbane. Aust. (Peugeot 504)
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

For the record, here are my internet search sites... (see attached) for the 4D61 Lehman Engine...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

I'm really bummed that American Diesel doesn't stock any parts for the 4D61. I just called to see if there were any hoses.... Nope, advised to go down to local auto parts store with old hose and try to "match it up". Not. Now I've got my dander up. I will find these hose numbers.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

The template that I will be using is attached.... it is the 4D61 Parts Identification Book. What I will be attempting will be to create a cross reference from the book to a contemporary source, i.e. Lehman Part Number 23456789 = Gates Hose Co. #456789.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984
dspGITA
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ventura

Post by dspGITA »

I have a Polaris 43 (basically a Valient 40 flush deck) with a 1983 Lehman Peugeot 4d46. The original manual is for 4d46 and 4d61. It runs smooth and quiet, but the fuel uplifter pump is leaking fuel at the diaphragm. I've located a Peugeot 504 fuel pump on eBay - 54.95$. Has anyone replaced the fuel pump? I've also considered plating the case and replacing the old pump with a new electric one. Thoughts?

Also, there is a reference on YouTube that this is the save engine as the Volvo Penta MD21. Also see some parts online for that fuel pump, but the top looks different. Any knowledge of this part would be helpful.
Thanks
Dan
dspGITA
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Ventura

Post by dspGITA »

Cross referenced the part numbers for the Volvo Penta MD 21 fuel up lifter and found this part:

https://four-seasons-marine.mystorbie.c ... 29-32-seri
image.png
dspGITA wrote:I have a Polaris 43 (basically a Valient 40 flush deck) with a 1983 Lehman Peugeot 4d46. The original manual is for 4d46 and 4d61. It runs smooth and quiet, but the fuel uplifter pump is leaking fuel at the diaphragm. I've located a Peugeot 504 fuel pump on eBay - 54.95$. Has anyone replaced the fuel pump? I've also considered plating the case and replacing the old pump with a new electric one. Thoughts?

Also, there is a reference on YouTube that this is the save engine as the Volvo Penta MD21. Also see some parts online for that fuel pump, but the top looks different. Any knowledge of this part would be helpful.
Thanks
Dan
rnummi
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rnummi »

Just a thought... my fuel pump's bypassed to an electric one. There is a thread herein that basically walks you through the process. As a "doh" moment, I hunt a mechanical fuel pump down (Peugeot 504 2112 Diesel)... replace it and realize that the original was bypassed to an electric pump from Ebay. (truth be told "I didn't realize" Tego and Beta Don both looked an the engine and said, hey dufus... you have an inline electric pump.) In my own defense, it was routed up under the rear of the engine compartment and relatively hidden unless you traced the lines. Another plug for having old salts from AOG come and look at your boat.
RNummi
84 A27FC Lehman 4D61
Hull #84 April 1984

Return to “Albin Maintenance”