• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Long Island Based Diesel Mechanic

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Long Island Based Diesel Mechanic

Post by zinbaad »

When Rob/superior makes amends by refunding the money that he promised, 5 times, I might just believe it... Sorry to say, a mans word is his word
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Sspdiesel134
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: moriches

Post by Sspdiesel134 »

let me know where you are and I will bring the 250 dollars for the anchor line you lost when we installed your windless by not dead knotting the end . 5168832404 sspdiesel@aol.com
I'm sorry for your experience with my company , but I have done many albins over the years with a lot people happy .Just like you I remember you have a dog grooming business things are not perfect . It was over 5 years ago , I guarantee you have some complaint on some web site . I have made some people mad for sure and some very happy it's not easy to keep the boats running and be in the middle of a boat manufacture,that's been in and out of business , I started all the new albins that came into Long Island and as time went on saw a lot of issues from day one , like exhaust angles for example . But One think I do know ! I know ever little thing about albins and there engine , I still believe I can help some people .
Boat mechanics are becoming rare , I have been one for 23 years every day working on boats and genset .
I hope we can mend our relationship , we are all human , and have employes , as well .
sweetwater
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oakdale

Post by sweetwater »

I would like to add my 2 cents here as well. Rob from superior has maintained my 05 albin for 5 years. He has a ton of knowledge and has never failed to be fair to me...Example: My boat had a pretty bad valve noise...diagnosed as bad valve by my yard. Crazy price to fix, Rob showed, felt it was just carbon, did a turbo wash and problem fixed.. No charge. Even plowed my driveway when I got stuck at work after a storm. Like every business... not everyone is gonna be happy, but in my experience, he has been a gentleman, personally and professionally.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

That would be a gigantic leaf to turn over. I had a terrible time dealing with him. If you deal with him, I urge you to not pay in advance and to follow up soon after he is to begin and frequently afterwards. Go see the work being done don't rely on his feedback.
Sspdiesel134
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: moriches

Post by Sspdiesel134 »

I do remember Jack I had to think about a lot , I remember the jobs that did not go smooth , more then ones that did .
He stored his boat with us over the winter , 2010 he had a list windless , radio , and pistons for hatch lift were bad .
We did not finish anything over the winter except the engine , services . For sure . the marina put the boat into the water early and the boat sat in the water , we springized the boat , and found starter was NG . I can not remember if we finished the windless ,, I do not think so it was along time ago and he did pay in advance for it ,,
he is 100 percent right he had a bad experience with us . I really think that was the boat , it was docked next to the house boats , I think the starter took place of the windless, long time ago , it was always the extra components that got us in trouble , not the engine work . Windless , radios , VHF etc . I would never do that again for a customer . Just drilling the whole into a albins deck for a windless was a issue like if I remember 3 inchs deep,crazy thing was have six guys all winter ,needed that work to keep them employed , to find some did not show up when it was cold ...,
I have to say over the 23 years of working on boats I do for sure remember the jobs that did not go right even when I work for Cummins metro and wesco , but I also remember all the nights I had to call people for money to get paid , I wish I could post there names on a forum . Zanbad was right , I did not tie off the end of the windless line to his boat , and I would do it again , NYC is hard to anchor many years I did forth of July in east river to find I could not pull up my anchor , I would not leave the helm with my family on board , I just let it out till I was free no choice , most people will try to cut the line that makes no sense to me . ...if I stayed over night I would cleat it off ..
I can tell you every name of person with a albin good or bad , I started every albin that entered Long Island from day one , if you have a boat that came from Long Island I was the first one on it . Alignment and start up Cummins and yanmar , they use to wire tie the shaft to transmission for shipping
That's all ,, I know of 11 albin guys over 14 years that had a issue with us . But I think I worked on five a week at some point and repowered 14 boats 28 mostly that had 7.3 .and Cummins .
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Gentlemen,
It's been 5 years. Things change. Hopefully for the better. Zinbaad - Sspdiesel is reaching out to you. Perhaps we can put this behind us? Please remember that posts you make here are permanent. Information posted on a public forum should be accurate and commitments made must be followed through.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Rob Superior,, pm with address sent,,,again
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's