• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dinghy and 28TE

catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Dinghy and 28TE

Post by catalina_mike »

Ok I tried long lining and had less than desired results. Started at 50' with a bridle on both ends and extended an additional 25' during the crossing. What is everyone else doing with their dingy s?

10'4" WM Ridged hull Inflatable with a 8hp motor. I like running at 14 kts

Thanks
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
rcwhite
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southport Maine

Re: Dingy and 28TE

Post by rcwhite »

That is a large tender for a 28. We have a 310 RIB on our 35 which we are looking to
downsize. It currenty attaches to the platform using Weaver snap davits. While this is better
than towing, it is in the way when boarding using the platform and requires a block and
tackle or line rigged to a high point to flip up. It also blocks the stern light so this needs
to be addressed as well. I am considering switching to the St Croix davits but will see
how a smaller and ligher tender works out first.

On our 28 we installed St Croix removable davits with a 10' Zodiac RIB which was
smaller & about 50lbs lighter. This configuration worked fairly well and we could still
have access to the transom door when boarding. It did need the extensions to clear the
stern light fully and clear the spray in weather. It also needed to be lashed down tightly.
If we had something closer to 8' the snap davits would probably have been fine but a 10'
dingy would catch too much water in this configuration.

I am not convinced there is a good solution for a dingy on a smaller boat, just a compromise.
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Re: Dingy and 28TE

Post by Maye Marie »

I run mine between the first wake and the second wake with good results. Use a bridle at the dingy and tie center of transom. The closer you get too the first wake the better it Seems to run. But I do set back a little so if it does drift one side or the other it wont jump the wake. Have same size motor. short runs I leave on. Long runs I feel more comfortable if the motor is off just in-case I get trashed with seas. If you have a long bridle hook on both sides of dingy but run it through the center ring of the dingy. That might keep it running straight.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”