• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Winterizing Yanmar diesel for heated storage in Michigan

mjohnh
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saugatuck, Mi

Winterizing Yanmar diesel for heated storage in Michigan

Post by mjohnh »

i will store my Albin with Yanmar diesel in heated storage. It has very few hours..488. The oil is pretty fresh. What do others do to "winterize" their diesels and their boats when going into heated storage? What steps are more or less critical? I am new to boating having acquired my TE 13 months ago...it was in heated storage last winter with no oil change, filter change, etc. Thanks for your advice.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Winterizing Yanmar diesel for heated storage in Michigan

Post by Carl »

See the attached link, good info here. Heated storage is great, but I would still winterize any system with raw water. Change the oil. If there is a power outage during a storm, all of your untreated systems would be at risk.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2050&p=47329&hilit= ... ing#p47329
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jetter
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Skerryvore , Ontario

Re: Winterizing Yanmar diesel for heated storage in Michigan

Post by jetter »

Storage facilities normally require you sign a contact that includes a clause that holds them harmless from any damage caused by temperature changes. I agree with Carl. Winterize as if outside.
Russell

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”