• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 31TE 12V electrical distribution panel

lawrento
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Republic of Singapore Yacht Club

Albin 31TE 12V electrical distribution panel

Post by lawrento »

Hi Albin31TEOwners,
Need your advice on 12volts electrical distribution panel ....
Recently added a few new lighting items to my existing fuse type distribution panel.
Have been thinking of reviewing and upgrading to circuit breaker type distribution panel.
Have You done it ? What's your choice and recommendation ?
Any pictures ?
Cheers and Thanks !
Lawrento
Best Bet 3
RSYC
Singapore.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: Albin 31TE 12V electrical distribution panel

Post by Pitou »

I believe that you are talking about the helm 12 volt distribution panels. The older models had glass fuses and the newer builds do have circuit breaker switches.

My 31 TE does have the circuit breaker type and this year I recently added an additional for some additions that I made for the boat. At first I thought that I would use a stock BlueSeas Panel, but decided to use a local shop to make my panel and fashioned it in the same manner as the existing on the helm so that it looks original to the boat.

Here are some pictures of the projec / minus the final install /can't seem to find that picture...:
20150408_174732.jpg
20150616_135848.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Kevin,
I can't quite make out the panel manufacturer's name; I'm looking for someone who can make me some new nameplates to match those on my 2001, 28TE. Let me know. Thanks,
Don.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

carolmarie wrote:Kevin,
I can't quite make out the panel manufacturer's name; I'm looking for someone who can make me some new nameplates to match those on my 2001, 28TE. Let me know. Thanks,
Don.
Don - All of the nameplates on my panels from Albin accept Blue Seas "large" sized Labels. You can order these online directly from Blue Seas. The boat is a 2006. They also had fit my 2002 28 TE with the glass fuse panels. I hope this helps.

The template in the picture was from Blues Seas, but I did not use their panel. That photo was actually preliminary. I ordered the Blue Seas Panel, but was not happy with the inconsistency that would have been left on on the helm. I ended up using MMES Custom Panels out of NH. He has a display at my local electronics shop and I sent Mark a sketch and he returned a CAD drawing to me. We ended up going with Blue Seas Labels instead of engraving so that things could be changed up if needed down the road and that all of the panels were a match. I had him install green LED lighting for label illumination and the on light. This also matched what was existing.

Overall I am extremely with the appearance and the quality. Sizing duplication was right on the money and everything aligns with the Albin panels exactly. Paneltronics uses a notch higher in hardware, though the fuses, switches and breakers are the same. MMES had the turnaround so I opted for the Chevy over the Cadillac which sells for Mercedes pricing. I was satisfied with MMES ...
http://www.wewireboats.com/
DC Panel Sketch.pdf
Street 8 Switch Panel MMES Custom.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member