• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 for $2800.00

Albin's "power cruisers"
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

A25 for $2800.00

Post by sail149 »

Need a project with a low starting price.?
On eBay ending today 11th, is a charity auction
With a BUY IT NOW price of $2800.00
Boat is rough from a front windshield that need putting in but the engine was working
Volvo Penta MD17c 35 hp 3 cyl diesel.
It in Portsmouth Va..
Sound like a real bargain , with plenty of issues but it's an A25 , really well made under the dirt.
If I ddi not have a money/ time pit of my own I would jump at this sight unseen
It really is very cheap and should go to somebody that knows how nice the A25 can be!
Listing is noting to do with me but should go to an Albin lover.
Warren
Just search for Albin on ebay , boats , other .
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61
JT48348
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Detroit

Re: A25 for $2800.00

Post by JT48348 »

My thinking is that's a $1000 boat. If it's legit. I have seen project boat A25s for $3k or less and in much better shape as a starting platform. Some with trailers of one sort or another.
Beta Don
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Biloxi MS

Post by Beta Don »

After having rebuilt 3 or 4 classic cars in my younger days and a couple of boats since then, I think I'd offer anyone contemplating either job the same advice - Start with the best example you can find (car or boat in the best shape, needing the fewest major repairs) and go from there . . . . it will always turn out to be cheaper in the long run than completely refurbishing a long time neglected pile of junk. The absolute best way to go? Buy something someone else has already 'invested' $30K and hundreds of hours of labor in. Many times, you can buy such an example for about half of what the previous owner had into it

This valuable bit of knowledge having been gained by breaking that rule more than once! :lol:

Don
1984 A27 FC #116 'Beta Carina'
Yanmar Turbo Intercooled 100 HP
Homeport Biloxi Back Bay
sail149
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuck at home on trailer! Chesapeake bay intended....

Post by sail149 »

I certainly agree buy the best you can. This looked like an interesting bargain that I would wanted to be sure our regular Albin folks know about it
It did not sell and has been up a couple of times before.
Worth a look at by the right person especially if the engine does run.
I suspect an offer to the charity group selling it would be worth it if it's for you.
W
Warren
'84. 27AC. Lehman 4D61

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”