• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Prospective Albin Owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
tomdove
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Kent Narrows, Maryland

Prospective Albin Owner

Post by tomdove »

Hi,

I've come across an exceptionally low price on a 1979 Albin 33 in fair condition and am having trouble finding any information on this model. I'm an experienced sailor (60+ years) and have spent some time on other trawlers of the same vintage. It's like an Albin 36 Double-Cabin trawler seen through the wrong end of the telescope; just a bit smaller everywhere. It does not have the tub in the aft cabin and the saloon is shorter, but otherwise the layout is similar.

Can somebody here enlighten me? It has a single Ford Lehman diesel and a flybridge, like the 36. I don't see anything on the 33/34 section of this site.

-- Tom
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Prospective Albin Owner

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi Tom, welcome. Wish I had specific information on that model, but do not. Here is a generic thought, 1979, probably as old as half of the people reading your post. In the time I have owned my Albin have never had anyone make a negative comment, many much Costlier boats in marina, but people just like to stop and look at it. If the boat appears to meet your current needs it should rate a hard look. Just saying. Thanks, Mark.

Return to “New Member Introductions”