• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mercruiser D254 oil dip stick

doughat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Guatemala

Mercruiser D254 oil dip stick

Post by doughat »

I could use some help from anyone with the Mercruiser D254 in their 28TE. The grommet that seals my dipstick to the top of the tube has lost it's grip and can slide a little if I'm not very careful when inserting and removing the dipstick. Now I'm not certain that it's in the correct position. I know it's approximately correct, because the last time I changed oil, I adjusted the grommet to show the right level of oil, and marked the position on the dipstick. Before I try to fix the position permanently, I was hoping to get some confirmation from another owner about what is the correct length for the dipstick below the grommet.

Anyone?

Thanks
Doug
Sonrisa
1993 28TE
Rio Dulce, Guatemala
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Mercruiser D254 oil dip stick

Post by whwells »

Thiereis a new 28te package for me. There are pictures and comments regardng the dip stick back kn 2012.
That source was Marine.com. Looks a place to start your search. Lots of good pictures of the engine. Just put in Mercruiser D254 dip stick. You should get there. Hope this helps.
whwells "Howard"
nussbda
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Kent Island, MD

Post by nussbda »

Doug,
I measured 16.5 inches from the bottom of the stopper on the dipstick to the bottom of the dipstick.
R,
Dave
doughat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Guatemala

Post by doughat »

Thanks for the link Howard, and many thanks for the measurement, Dave. Just what I was looking for.
Doug
Sonrisa
1993 28TE
Rio Dulce, Guatemala

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”