• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Chain, height and winter storage for 31TE

valtrent

Chain, height and winter storage for 31TE

Post by valtrent »

Sorry for the 3 questions at once but could use some answers.
[*]First, has anyone switched to all chain? If so, size, how much, and how did affect your performance in a 31 TE?
[*]Second, do any of you know the height of your 31TE? Need to get it through a winter storage door, which leads to my last question....
[*]Since I plan to store it on the hard and inside (no heat, and in the Pacific Northwest), what is normally done, short of draining all of the water out of the system?

Thanks for your input.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Chain, height and winter storage for 31TE

Post by Carl »

All you need to know should be in this post.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2050&p=47329&hilit= ... ing#p47329
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Mike Ebert
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sausalito, CA

Post by Mike Ebert »

When I bought my 31TE it had 150' of chain rode. I have been meaning to add a couple hundred feet of line but I rarely anchor except in the bay mud.
CATCHALL
31 ft. TE
Sausalito, CA
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

Good information Mike and Carl. Thanks much.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Although people have different conditions for anchoring I found after many years of using an all chain rode that a combination of 50 feet of chain to 150 feet of nylon works perfectly. Most of the time I anchor in depths of less than 10 feet. After putting out approximately 50 feet of chain I had to tie on a nylon snubber for elasticity and to quiet the chain from clanking. Now I simply let out the rode until the end of the chain hits the water and cleat off the nylon rode. No worries about chafe on rocks because the nylon is above the bottom. 200 feet of chain is a lot of weight in the bow.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Val & Alice: Seems like i recall you have the Yanmar power plants. In my fomer 35te we simply ran the pink stuff through everything until there was good color. Never had any problem. You should be able to turn the engine over enough on the hard to do that by running water on the shaft bearings.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”