• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

For'd Bilge Pump location on 27FC

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

For'd Bilge Pump location on 27FC

Post by DCatSea »

My 27FC has two bilge pump switches at the helm - For'd and Aft. The aft pump is in the sump below the stuffing box, and does a great job. However, the for'd pump is a mystery - it doesn't run (at least it doesn't make a noise, and there is no discharge), and therefore I can't find it. I have opened all of the lockers and peered around inside, to no avail.

Can anyone help me with a location for this mysterious for'd bilge pump, or at least let me know where it should. It is possible that over the years POs have decided to do away with it, but I am a strong believer in "2 pumps are better than 1".

Thanks AOG-ers; the site has been a great source of information, and has saved this new owner a considerable amount of dosh.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: For'd Bilge Pump location on 27FC

Post by Mark Deeser »

DCatSea on my 1986 27 FC my forward pump is accessed by opening engine hatches, it is about one foot behind the transmission coupler. Can not see pump as there is float type switch over it. The water is sent forward to connect to the line from the starboard front cabin drain. Who knows what changes have been made to our boats over the last 30 or so years. Thanks, Mark.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Thanks Mark,

Your right about "changes" in the past 30 years. This winter I am thinking of tearing out all of the wiring and re-running new that is well labelled and that only goes to the equipment that needs it.

The pump you mention in the sump aft of the transmission is (switched as) my "aft pump", with a float switch immediately in front; it works very well. 77. With this one I/Ded as "aft" I am wondering where the For'd one is. Do you happen to know if there is a pump for'd of the engine compartment (perhaps serving the for-ends?
I guess I will find out when I do the tear out later in the year.
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
joebuz
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dauphin Island, AL

Post by joebuz »

My 1984 A27FC has a forward bilge pump in the bottom of the closet in the forward compartment. Good luck in your search.
Joe
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Thanks Joebuz, that is very useful, and I will be digging around in for'd closet on Friday.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DCatSea »

Bingo - thanks Joebuzz - found it - changed it. For'd bilges are now almost pristine.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak

Return to “Albin Maintenance”