• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Location of baitwell pump

BIGDOG9857
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.

Location of baitwell pump

Post by BIGDOG9857 »

My baitwell pump seems to have died on my 2005 Albin 35 :cry: T/E Convertable, can anyone tell me where it is located? Thanks, Jim P.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Location of baitwell pump

Post by whwells »

BIGDOG9857: My former 35te Flybridge Conv.2006 did not have a bait tank. I know the buyer has installed and after market tank. I am curious where the tank is located on the 2005 35te Conv. By Conv. do you mean flybridge series as well? Their were not many of these around.
whwells "Howard"
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

My 2003 35 TE has a Johnson pump that is built into the thru hull. it is located amidships about two feet forward of the transom. it is the thru hull with the wires going to it.
PICT0134.JPG
This is the best picture I have of the baitwell, which is located starboard of the door under the ladder to the flying bridge. The baitwell seems kind of small and i have never used it.
PICT0134.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

That is the same setup on my 28. Replacement cartridges are readily available at west marine, some walmarts. Though it is convenient, I do not like the design and always keep the sea cock closed when not in use. I also use a tyrap as a safety strap to hold the cartridge pump in place just in case. Original pump lasted 5 years, and I do use it.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywor ... ytm0yoli_b
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
BIGDOG9857
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.

Post by BIGDOG9857 »

Thanks, that's it. I found it & it's just like photo but my johnson pump is a obsolete 550 gph that is no longer made. Not sure if the " new " 500 gph pump cartridge will fit, so I think I will install the Johnson 750 gph pump. Thank-You all and thanks for the sea cock tip Carl, it makes alot of sense. Jimmy P.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

BIGDOG9857 wrote:Thanks, that's it. I found it & it's just like photo but my johnson pump is a obsolete 550 gph that is no longer made. Not sure if the " new " 500 gph pump cartridge will fit, so I think I will install the Johnson 750 gph pump. Thank-You all and thanks for the sea cock tip Carl, it makes alot of sense. Jimmy P.
I replaced a 550 cartridge with a 750 on mine. I believe that there is also a 1000 gph replacement cartridge too.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”