• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Weight of a Albin 28TE

Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

Weight of a Albin 28TE

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Hello to all. I'm looking to find out what the weight of my boat is. I have a 1998 Albin 28TE with a Cummins 6BTA5.9 engine, 330 HP. The information I received when I bought the boat says that the dry weight is 8500 lbs. Does that include the weight of the engine and transmission? I'm looking to have a lift built for my boat and I want to insure that I pick the correct size. I was looking at a 12,000 lb. lift. Do you know if this will handle my boat? Appreciate any help you can offer.

Best regards,
Chuckatuck Ray
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Re: Weight of a Albin 28TE

Post by carolmarie »

Your 8500# estimate is decent. I'd let the lift dealer recommend an appropriate size. 12000# seems like a good fit.
Mntry_Goodson
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Monterey, CA

Post by Mntry_Goodson »

I pulled my 1999 28te sitting on it's trailer across public truck scales and they weighed 11,500 lbs together. I have the Yanmar which is a little lighter than the Cummins.
Darryl
"Terry Lee II"
1999 28TE 6LP
Engine box / Trailer
Monterey, CA
Chuckatuck Ray
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Naval Sailing Center, Norfolk, Va.

Post by Chuckatuck Ray »

Darryl,
Thanks for letting me know the weight of your Albin 28TE. It will help in my selection of a boat lift.

Ray

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”