• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Custom Table for engine box model.

Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Custom Table for engine box model.

Post by Maye Marie »

We have run Maye Marie with a cooler mounted on the engine box for a number of years. It got used for a seat often and we were looking for a table for that area. So my winter project was to make something up that would serve for both issues. My winter project ran long and not until a month ago I finally got it installed. It is working well for us and thought I would share with fellow Albin Owners.

It is made out of Mahogany. I cut in an inlay and coated with 3 coats of epoxy to seal and then 3 coats of varnish for UV protection. Found vari-lock hinges on the internet that locks every 10 degrees. Made a unlocking mechanism to unlock a position and move table to a new position. The release for the hinges is to push on the side of the hinge to release. So ran a rod from one hinge to the other and made a cam latch. So when you pick up on the latch handle it shortens the rod and releases both hinges together. Easy to go from one position to another one handed. Used cooler cushions for back rest and seat. The reason for the extension under the table and on the cooler was so you could open the cooler with cushion on and still use the table in the up position. The quick release latches on the side so cooler can be removed. The cooler is part of the support but still can be removed on its own. It is quick to remove cooler and open the engine cover with the table in place.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Custom Table for engine box model.

Post by whwells »

This is impressive. Nice work and it does look functional.
whwells "Howard"
Maye Marie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic River Marina Mystic Ct. Slipped

Re: Custom Table for engine box model.

Post by Maye Marie »

Thanks for the nice comment Howard. I hope there is an Idea or parts that others might find useful.
Terry & Karen Ober
28 TE
Maye Marie
Mystic Ct.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”