• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Isuzu Starter

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Albin_Bda
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

New Isuzu Starter

Post by Albin_Bda »

Hi all,

I am looking for a spare starter for my Isuzu engine (having some latent solenoid issues), can any one assist with information? Part number is Isuzu starter motor part # 5811001081.

My mechanic is telling me that the part is not in production anymore (surprise surprise!), grateful for any assistance!

My best

Peter

Bermuda
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: New Isuzu Starter

Post by Jay Knoll »

Just for giggles I did a search on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Isuzu-Industrial- ... uctDetails

And was surprised

Good luck

Jay
Mainer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Portland Maine

Re: New Isuzu Starter

Post by Mainer »

Hi Peter,

New member here, and just read your post of a few weeks ago. I had similar problems (starter would occasionally not engage until I tapped on housing), replaced my starter (which did not come with solenoid relay, requiring me to re-use the original) and problem remained. Finally removed starter with solenoid relay, took assembly to starter expert who replaced solenoid relay, and problem fixed!

I do have a quite new starter that I could sell you, but it has the old solenoid relay. More importantly, I believe your issue is (or was) in the solenoid relay, not the starter.

Hope all is well by now, but feel free to contact me if you are interested in the starter and old relay.

Dick Jones

Return to “Albin Maintenance”