• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

31TE Windlass

windward
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lunenburg Nova Scotia

31TE Windlass

Post by windward »

I have a 2002 31TE with just a bow post. Can anyone tell me what Albin supplied as a windlass? What configuration works? Any brand model suggestions?
If anyone could take me a picture that would really help.
Any installation tips?
Ian
irishwake
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pensacola, Florida

Re: 31TE Windlass

Post by irishwake »

My windless is a Maxwell. I assume it was on the boat from the factory because I am the second owner so I can't say for sure. It works great and knock on wood it has been trouble free. The only problem is when the splice from chain to line goes through the unit you sometimes have to pull it from below in the anchor locker. Good luck on your choice.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

look in your anchor locker for wires. many were pre wired even if a windlass was not installed. my 28 has heavy wires (unused) run from near the batteries to the locker although my windlass is using a different lighter wiring. this may make adding any windlass you choose easier.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

I had a "Good" windless installed on Mahalo.. free fall and solid.. turned out albin had already prewired for windless
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”