• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Honda generator

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: Honda generator

Post by Marcy K »

Mark, I'm not sure of the size - its an older unit - King Air. I think it would probably run if it could get by start up. It services 3 cabins with vents in each. When aboard, we are mostly at anchor or on a mooring and it is cool at night.

I meant to add that we also always put mid-grade or premium gas in the Nissan outboard and lawn mower.
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
dabeachman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Galena, MD

Post by dabeachman »

tego wrote:Russ, I looked at the Honda and the Costco unit and couldn't tell the difference by the specs. The Yamaha is just as quiet and looked very well made when I looked at it at the store. I bought it and have been very pleased with the unit so far. I haven't got my A/C unit installed yet on my boat but I used the genny several times for odd jobs and once to power the large house freezer during a power outage - no problems. I'll be installing the A/C unit (5000 btu) next week and I'm sure it'll handle the A/C. The Yamaha unit has a fuel shutoff valve that allows you to run it dry for storage periods. Ben

Tego,
Did you get to test the genny with the A/C? Very interested in the results.
1995 Albin 28TE
Cummins 6BTA5.9 250
Northern Spy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Belhaven N.C.

Post by Northern Spy »

The EU2000i carb is pretty easy to clean. Just remove the bowl from the bottom and ream out the jet with an appropriate sized strand of copper wire. I've had mine for 6 years now and abuse the crap out of it, I finally had the carb act up the first time out this season. 20 minute fix.

Return to “General Discussion”