• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thinking about selling Mahalo, 31TE?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thinking about selling Mahalo, 31TE?

Post by zinbaad »

I have been considering selling Mahalo 2006 31 TE twin 315's. No problems or issues and stepping down to a, uh oh Parker that I can trailer to my yard for the winter. Yearly maintenance an storage expenses would be cut in half but.....Just hate to make that mistake on such a beauty. Parker seems so basic and simple and would put a few bucks back in the bank. Going to Prep Mahalo for the drop and hope to get out on a Parker with Twins and see, Any thoughts? :(
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Dexter
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Copiague, NY

Re: Thinking about selling Mahalo, 31TE?

Post by Dexter »

Hi Zinbad

This is Anthony. Don't know if u remember but u took me out for a ride a few years back when I was thinking of getting an Albin. I would keep her. I have a company that trailers my 31 to my house and blocks it up for me for 300 dollars. Much cheaper than a yard. I live close to the ramp so I'm not sure what it would cost u but u should look into it before changing to a parker. Parkers are good boats though.

Hope that helps

Best of luck
Anthony
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

lol, 36 views and only one response, thanks Anthony I was glad to have you aboard
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

zinbaad wrote: Any thoughts? :(
It sure will be a switch up, but I certainly get the savings part. If I could somewhat easily get my boat home and ditch the winter storage expense that would be very nice. The monster maple tree on the corner of the driveway would have to come down and Joanie says "NO"! ... I'm hoping for storm damage on that thing.

Boat slip fees, storage fees, launch and insurance creep up to just about $8,500 per year for me and I haven't even turned the key, changed the oil or completed any other service or improvements. The servicing and winterizing aspect: if you can do that yourself you will really cut that piece way back and it becomes minimal. Shrink wrapping just the cockpit can bring significant savings too. I do this myself for about $65 bucks per year. Sure beats the going rate of $490 for a complete wrap.

With the Parker the type of boating opportunities and comforts will change. If you're not spending weekends aboard and over nighting then the 31TE is quite the day boat, but she sure is comfortable. I'd have a hard time going in reverse unless I had committed to inshore fishing and beach activities while headed for the comforts of home at the end of the day.

A tough decision and I get it, especially as I look at my annual "Rent Bill" every year and shake my head, but once splashed all of those thoughts disappear. The Northeast season and especially in New England is very short.

I do have a friend with a Parker and he can get into skinny water that I cannot and he does do a few offshore angling trips as well. Get yourself aboard one to help figure this out.

Who knows Ed, once you're back in the water, maybe you'll have second thoughts. It's a tough wrestling match that you're in.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Hello Ed. I know what your going through when a boat you love may just not be the right boat anymore, there's quite a bit of anxiety in that. I'll call you later or maybe stop in the shop as I think my day today brings me into Queens...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Decisions, decisions, lol... Picked up a bucket of compound and pads yesterday going to do the dreaded compound, buffing and waxing, ouch my arms. I love the blue but white would be so much easier. Will launch in about two weeks and I know the "Ahh" feeling as soon as shes underway
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
VitaminJ
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Salem, MA

Post by VitaminJ »

I'm looking for a 31TE right now. There are not many twins for sale at the moment. Any idea when you might make a decision and or what your asking price might be? This might impact me short term decision making ;o) Going to look at a single on Sunday. Good luck either way!
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Several years ago I reluctantly sold my 28TE. It was more a matter of time than expenses, but I must say my small Whaler gives me joy in a much simpler way. To be released from the yearly maintenance chores and the constant worry/concern of a boat such as an Albin gave me a breath of fresh air. You are in for a lot of second guessing yourself, but you can always go back if you make the wrong decision. It's never easy to give up your Albin. Good Luck, Denis
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

have my 28 hauled to my home each winter and cover my self with a simple frame and a $65 tarp that lasts 3 years. round trip hauling is $800, less than storing at a boatyard and no 60 mile each way trip every time i wish to do maintenance and repairs. ton of ca$h saved there and my boat is steps from my door. next i am in a low dollar marina with few amenities but i don't need a pool, ships store, or travel lift. so for the 5 grand i spend (less maintenance & repairs) my hobby/passion is do-able.

i know i used to spend more on golf before quitting. point is bigger boats =bigger expense and my 28 is right in my comfort zone...fishy & comfortable weekender.

cheers!
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Sounds like you've got to go out and use her more often!
Hope all is well Ed! Seriously it's a tough decision. I love my 28.
The question to ask yourself is if your boat good for your needs 90% of the time. If yes keep her. If no change direction. I'm on the cusp as my two kids are growing. Almost going in Rob's path. BUT she's still in my 90% zone. Good luck with your decision if you haven't made it already.
One of the best times I've had was rafting with you and the rest of the Northeast group. Not the same with a Parker.
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Gery, that is too weird - I emailed that exact photo and a few others to a buddy of mine just this morning. He's shopping and I was telling him about Mahalo..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by zinbaad »

Decisions decisions . Well think it's time so I will be putting mahalo up for sale. As soon as I get a few pics and info together I will post up more details. 2006 31 te. Twin 315's. 630 hours. Generator 20 hours. Outriggers and the works she has no real issues but needs to be detailed. Lost number to gentleman asking last month. Best to call if interested 718 614 7589
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

zinbaad wrote:Decisions decisions . Well think it's time so I will be putting mahalo up for sale. Lost number to gentleman asking last month. Best to call if interested 718 614 7589
Fluff & buff her good Ed and I'm sure you will do well. :wink:

If the gentlemen who contacted you was Vitamin J, from one of the posts above, he came up on my stern and starboard quarter just last week in his new 31TE that he had just taken delivery on. He was hot to buy and thanked me and the forum for the help in his path to ownership.

All the best!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jforesta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Northport

Post by Jforesta »

Well Kevin, is it officially for sale? I have Robs Toyrific. I am in your same Delema . Love the boat, absolutely no issues.May want to increase size. Hesitant to put Abbastanza on the market.
SeaQuel
1997 31TE
3126 Cat
Formally
Abbastanza
2000 Albin 28 TE
Joe F
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Jforesta wrote:Well Kevin, is it officially for sale? I have Robs Toyrific. I am in your same Delema . Love the boat, absolutely no issues.May want to increase size. Hesitant to put Abbastanza on the market.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Return to “General Discussion”