• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jupking
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: tequesta

Post by jupking »

Hi,

I just joined the forum to learn more about Albin boats. I live in Jupiter Florida and have both 18' and 26' center console boats. I have done a lot of offshore fishing and diving for many years now. My wife and I have a 2 yr old and have ambitions of spending a few weeks a year in the Bahamas as well as trips around florida to the west coast, keys, etc. I started researching trawlers a few days ago and the Albin boats look great to me. Specifically the 25' and maybe the next couple sizes up depending on costs. It seems like a really fun way to have adventures and spend time on the water with our daughter.

I'm looking forward to reading threads on the forum. I will start with one question - what is the best way to spend some time oh an albin boat (or any comparable trowler) to see how we like it before buying? Thanks!
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, Albins are just plain good all around boats, people always seem to have postive reactions to tnem. When you see one at the dock stop an visit, we love talking about our boats. The first thing in boat selection is knowing what you expect from your boat and what you are willing to pay to get it. Thanks, Mark.
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

jupking - Some ways to familiarize yourself with Albin's. Politely ask an Albin owner "since I am interested in possible future Albin could you come aboard" Attend an Albin owners rendezvous we just had 21 plus boats here At Burnt Store Marina for 3 days with an open boat tour. Albin owners are vary proud of their boats. If you want to come up to Punta Gorda I would be more then happy to show off our boat and even take you for a ride. Enjoy - TomA
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Post by Jay Knoll »

Hi Jup!

My wife and I own a 27 FC, we're just north of you in Vero Beach. We just passed thru Jupiter this past Thursday, did a little cruise down to Lighthouse Point. You're welcome to check out our boat, PM me regarding possible times.

Jay
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

juking: There is a really nice looking 25' Classic listed on the "swap and sell" site here with excellent trailer. Both the 25' &
27' are generally reasonably priced. While they are both fine boats I like the 27' better if that fits your budget. Have had friends with the both boat with lots of good things to say about them.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”