• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Good news and bad

Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Jamestown, RI

Good news and bad

Post by Pasteur »

The good? Zero PSI just got a big sister - an '04 31 TE awlgripped in green and equipped with twin Yanmars.

The bad? Watch for Zero PSI to hit the market soon. She's been a great boat for us - nearly perfect in every way - and we will certainly miss her.

But the Admiral has found that she enjoys summer cruises - often with friends aboard - and so the extra few feet will come in handy. As we shopped for a new new to us boat we intended to stay in the Albin family. When the Admiral saw this one she said, "you'd be stupid not to buy that boat." Aye-aye.

We already have plans to visit Martha's Vineyard in mid June, Marblehead in July, and multiple trips to Block Island and Montauk through the season. We haven't named her yet (Zero PSII?) but if you see a guy scrubbing the decks of a green 31 while listening to Willie Nelson stop by for a beer.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Good news and bad

Post by Mark Deeser »

Congratulations on the new boat, sounds like you have a big summer planned. Life is meant to be lived to the full.
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pasteur »

Thanks Mark.

Those of us in the northeast earned what I hope will be a great boating season. All of the snow is finally melting. I'm wondering what the cold water will do to the early boating/fishing season. That mid June trip to MV is a fishing tourney. The water here is still hovering just above freezing and we're enduring some more cold weather.
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

So how's about going to the rendezvous page and voting for a date? We'd love to check her out!! :)

And congratulations! When the Admiral says "Go!" on a new boat, a smart man jumps!!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

Off the subject but this topic reminded me of this story.

Good News and Bad News

The lawyer says to the​ ​wealthy art collector tycoon: “I have some good news and, I have some bad​ ​news….”

The tycoon replies: “I’ve had an awful day, let’s hear the good news first”.

The lawyer says: “Well your wife invested $5,000 in two pictures
this​ ​week that she figures are worth a minimum of $2 to $3 million.”

The​ ​tycoon replies enthusiastically: “Well done…very good news indeed!
Yo​​u’ve just​ ​made my day; now what’s the bad news?”

The lawyer answers: “The pictures are
of you with your secretary.”
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
Pasteur
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Pasteur »

Doug -

Votes submitted. The later the better for us.

1. In addition to the voyages that are already planned I've got a big project pending at work. With any luck that will be done by early August and I'll be free to skip town for more long weekends.

2. The Admiral refuses to understand that this is a fishing boat. It's so bad that I'm sure we'll end up with His and Hers dock boxes. With the cushions and rugs in place by August, Zero PSII should be ready for the public debut.

3. RicM did us the favor of posting the "How to dock the 28" thread before he abandoned the beloved brand. Unfortunately, he didn't do a similar post on a twin engine boat before he departed. I'm told that it's very easy and by August I should be ready for my public debut at the helm.

Hope to meet the local folks this summer...
Zero PSI and Zero PSII
2006 28TE FD, Yanmar
2004 31TE, Twin Yanmars
Jamestown, RI

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”