• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Exhaust Elbow (Wet)

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Exhaust Elbow (Wet)

Post by Carl »

I am replacing the wet elbow this weekend and just noticed that the new metal gasket has a ridge on it. Anybody know if it goes towards the dry elbow or the wet elbow? Of course the old was was compressed and destroyed from removal. Might not even matter, but thought I would ask. Yanmar 6LP-STP
Thanks!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Old School
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: NY,NY

Re: Exhaust Elbow (Wet)

Post by Old School »

Mine was just flat but corrugated. Sounds like yours may have been previously installed. That's the way they look when the come out most times. Like a cross section "L"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Exhaust Elbow (Wet)

Post by Carl »

No, I just got it in the mail from Yanmar, its still in the sealed plastic bag. I am assuming the ridge direction wont matter. Its more like a metal washer with a ridge.
I think I am going to put the ridge towards the dry elbow side, as it has a little surface rust. New elbow is stainless and shiny!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”