• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Into the Dark Side

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
pocoloco
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Fl

Into the Dark Side

Post by pocoloco »

After years of sailing/cruising we have just contracted our first power boat, a sweet Albin 32-2. We are excited about cruising places unavailable to us with. 53' stick.
I will need some guidance through the survey period and in putting some "lipstick" on her. We will reupholstery and I don't like the two camper like fridges, otherwise she appears sound.
I will try not to bother you seasoned Albin owners do will make my questios brief.
We will keep the name Poco Loco as...well..it just fits.
Thanks in advance, Al Alexander, Punta Gorda
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Into the Dark Side

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the group, good people, good boats. Sounds like a short list of problems, that's a good thing. Don't be afraid to bother anyone here, by this time of the evening some of us are already pretty well seasoned. Did you find your boat in Florida?
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Hi Al -

I admired that boat on Yachtworld - congratulations!

Questions are not considered a bother here, so ask away. Also, information is pretty easy to find using the search function.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Welcome aboard Pocoloco. I also am a new to me owner of a 32 + 2 and we also live and dock the boat in Punta Gorda. I am also updating and refurbishing interior with new Vacu Flush toiler, larger size upright frig./ freezer, and Lon Seal teak & Holley flooring. Would welcome you to visit our boat and look at some of the changes you could make to your layout to accommodate the larger frig. If interested in a visit please get back with me via this site with local contact info, and we'll hook up. Note there is an Albin rendezvous at Burnt Store Marina scheduled for April 7 - 10.
TomA
Albin 32 + 2
Arrivederci
pocoloco
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Punta Gorda, Fl

Post by pocoloco »

Tom, thanks for the offer. I would like to see your projects. As they are what I want to do also..lets wait until my surveys are done and we close..or not...probably 3/10. Call me at 6399790,
Al
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Pocoloco: There is a wonderful world ahead for you in that fine 32-2 Albin. Just great boats. Hope your survey goes well.
whwells "Howard"
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Hi neighbor.

I must have been asleep not to see you on here. I certainly understand why you kept the boat name. :D
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL

Return to “New Member Introductions”