• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Recent Bottom work photos

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Recent Bottom work photos

Post by gerber30 »

It was time for bottom paint so I thought I would start all new. I have had the boat for 6 years but I was unsure how many layers of paint were on the bottom. There were several including a barrier coat. I had it low pressure wet sand blasted. The company did a great job it leaves the gelcoat like it was sanded with 80 grit. No blistering was found! Then I took over and did 3 coats of barrier coat and 2 coats of Hydrocoat SR. The only thing that slowed me up was the cold weather (cold for Florida). With Sub 50 temps in the mornings I had to wait til early afternoon to coat which kept me to 1 coat a day. He are some pictures of the process.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: Recent Bottom work photos

Post by Jay Knoll »

Nice job that looks like Cracker Boy yard
gerber30
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fort Pierce, FL

Re: Recent Bottom work photos

Post by gerber30 »

Actually Harbortown just on the Northside of Taylor creek.
2004 31 TE w/ twin 370 Cummins (current)

Previous Boat
'97 28 TE w/2005 Yanmar
"Marianne"

Return to “Albin Maintenance”