• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New in SW Florida

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Panache
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Naples, Fl

New in SW Florida

Post by Panache »

Hi. I have just bought a 40 sundeck. It's great but I am restoring a lot of the cosmetics. Right now I would love to find steps to replace the ones on the aft section, leading down to the swim platform, which are badly cracked. Any ideas? Or will I have to make them? I am in Isles of Capri, near Marco Island in SW Florida and am hopeful of looping in the next few years.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New in SW Florida

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Panache, wife and I are redoing a 27 FC, hopefully to do the Loop as well. Most every project seems to involve reworking, modifying an scrounging. Our best friends seem to be marine resale shops and fabricators. Enjoy the journey.
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

Welcome to the group Panache. I own a 40 sun deck trawler built in 1988 . These Ray hunt designed boats have lovely sweeping lines and panache. What year is yours? On my boat the swim platform bolts started to leak, and as you can't get to the bolt heads, we had to glom the outside with calk instead of tightening or rebedding the bolts. I don't think it would be too hard to replace some of the treads on your stern ladder. The type finish you want might determine whether you use teak, mahogany, or a skid resistant painted surface. As for being a swabby, just talking to your local bridge keeper will get you a promotion to captain. It is cold and yucky in Pennsylvania, when can I visit? Jay
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Welcome Panache. I am also a new to me Albin 32 + 2 Bridge Deck, just brought tour home port of Punta Gorda last Saturday. Crossed the big lake on Thursday in 5 - 6' confused head and beam seas. What a ride!! I would love to have us Albin owners in the Florida region get together for a rendezvous this year. I would be more then happy to assist with logistics if we could pull this off? Good luck!!!
Tom A
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Welcome Panache. I am also a new to me Albin 32 + 2 Bridge Deck, just brought tour home port of Punta Gorda last Saturday. Crossed the big lake on Thursday in 5 - 6' confused head and beam seas. What a ride!! I would love to have us Albin owners in the Florida region get together for a rendezvous this year. I would be more then happy to assist with logistics if we could pull this off? Good luck!!!
Tom A
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

TomA: Take a look at the Rendevzous section of this site. The 5th Florida Rendevzous is coming up. Well to the group.
whwells "Howard:

Return to “New Member Introductions”