• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

So we *think* we wanna get a 25...

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
michigandon
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wake Forest, NC

So we *think* we wanna get a 25...

Post by michigandon »

Hi all, I've been lurking on here and doing some reading and research for a couple weeks now. Anyway, the Mrs and I had been contemplating trying to acquire a much bigger full-time liveaboard type trawler sometime within the next few years (A Grand Banks Classic 42 is my dream!) and then we got to discussing smaller trailerable boats and I read good things about the Albin 25 over on the Trawler Forum. We originally wanted something berthed along the Cackalacky Coast, but Kerr Lake, Jordan Lake, and Falls Lake are located even closer and we figured that this is a vessel we could enjoy on all of those. 8) We are both gearheads and have owned and operated smaller runabouts in the past.

So I guess the search is on! We're not in any major rush though.

Best Regards,
Don :mrgreen:
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: So we *think* we wanna get a 25...

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, for the use you specified the 25 sounds just right. I've got a dock mate hunting one now, he is thinking fixer upper. He feels the old Atomic 4 would be the perfect power plant, easy to find, rebuild and maintain. Have been in your area, could have a lot of fun there.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

You might join the " Albin cruisers list" also. They are very "25" oriented. I believe there are a couple for sale on there now in very good condition. Ben
michigandon
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wake Forest, NC

Post by michigandon »

Dunno if I can stomach dealing with Yahoo Groups. Haven't been on them in a dogs age! 'Course if it helped up find the boat we wanted...
eschool66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: at home on Black Warrior River

Post by eschool66 »

I've been on the Albin Cruisers List for several years. Lots of great information on it.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

michigandon: Welcome to the forum. We have several 25' Classic Albin out in the PNW Group. There are simply a lot of boat for the size and if you find one well maintained a world of fun. There are really cheap to operate as well and fuel won't stay where it is now for long.
Good decision to search.
whwells "Howard"
42 Sabre Flybridge 2006 "Flattery"
Former 35 Albin te Flybridge "Nibbles"
Osprey Pilothouse 22 2004 local fisher
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

We love our Albin 25. This coming March will be our 1st anniversary since aquiring "La Dolce Vita", Italian for "the sweet life". My wife and I cruised aboard for 40 days straight last summer in the San Juans of NW Washington & Gulf Islands of BC, Canada. Very comfortable for 2. Might be tight for 4 adults, but doable as a weekender for a couple with 2 young kids and a small dog.

We live in the middle of the Arizona desert, 360 miles form the nearest coastal waters, and live near a man made lake that is only 15 minutes from our house. But the lake is only 9,000 acres in size and one gets a 'been there, done that' feeling after awhile and long for exploring other places. So trailerability is big plus. We've done a coastal hop from San Diego to L.A. and over to Catalina Island on our previous 25 ft sailboat, and now with our Albin 25 we get similar half a gallon per hour fuel sipping economy as with motoring a sailboat, but without the hassle of mast raising. Just be aware that if you're in a hurry to get from point A to point B, then an Albin 25 is not for you. 6.5 kts is your hull speed. Maybe a knot or two more if you get the later semi-displacement "Deluxe" model, but don't even think about towing a skier or making 15 or 20 kts because it's just not that kind of boat.

This coming summer we're toying with the idea of trailering 2,500 miles out from Phoenix to New England, and doing part of the Erie Canal on the way, and later perhaps trailer hop our way South to various parts of the ICW and Chesapeake Bay.

When it comes to economical trailerable-cruising, you could do a lot worse than an Albin 25
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Here you go big guy! Your dream boat awaits in Big Pine Key, FL

http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/4827636355.html

This boat looks so nice if I were on the East coast instead of Arizona I'd sell you my '71 Albin 25 and go get this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”