• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Magnarae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seaford NY

Post by Magnarae »

Hello all. New member from Long Island NY. I have been poking around this site for some time now. I currently own a 23 Striper WA named MagnaRae AKA (Stinklips Fishing). I am in the process of finalizing the sale of this boat in the next couple of weeks. I am currently looking at two boats. The first is a 2002 28 TE engine box with a 315 Yanmar. The other is a 2004 28 TE engine box with a 315 Yanmar. Would appreciate any feedback or opinions you may have on these two boats. I have been searching the site and I am amazed at how much information is on this site pertaining to the 28 TE.
Thanks Bjorn
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: New member

Post by jleonard »

Stinklips. Somewhere there's a story I'm sure. :lol:
Happy boat hunting.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

welcome stink. i am currently in a 2002 28te engine box upgraded from a 23 hydra sport. awesome fishing platform and perfect weekender for a couple. my 6lpa-stp provides plenty power at economical rate. wife loves the creature comforts while i am getting it bloody. some fishy deficiencies are no below deck fish boxes and limited fuel capacity for those longer offshore trips. small holding tank makes "potty management" necessary for long weekends on the hook. deep-v hull design and skeg protected running gear make rough seas a non-issue. this mini battle wagon is a tank.

have owned many vessels over thirty years and this one makes us happiest satisfying both fishing and cruising needs as well as a 28 footer can.

cheers!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

bjorn: Welcome to the AOG. Yes, as a fisherman you picked the best of the boats out their for the size and costs to operate. Lots of good boaters on the group who I have found helpful and friendly. Need to make the wife happy with creature comforts as well. Do keep her clean after that nice bloody catch.
whwells "Howard"
2006 Saber 42 Flybridge
Former: 2006 35te Albin flybridge
2004 Osprey Pilothouse fisher, Northern Cal.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome! I've had my 98 TE 28 for about 8 years. Moved up from a 23 Grady White. This has a bigger boat feel and takes getting used to like how to back into a slip. Great boat. Obviously more room for overnights and maybe a long weekend cruise. Nice high freeboard for fishing or keeping guests inside the boat. Mine has a 2003 Yanmar 315. Great reliability. I suggest getting a good surveyor to check it out. Good luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”