• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just signed up.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
POPPA-T
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Larose, Louisiana

Just signed up.

Post by POPPA-T »

Hello all. New member here. Bought a 1982 Albin 40 back in Aug. The previous owner passed away some years ago and very little mainteince was since then. The last 4 months I have working on exterior teak trim. Have lotts more work to do.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Just signed up.

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form. Sounds like a nice boat, which I'm sure you will know inside and out before you are done. Where do you dock your boat? Was in LA a number of years ago, are you on the Mississippi? There many posts here to help you with your project, enjoy. Thanks, Mark.
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

Good Morning and happy new year. I Have an 1988sundeck trawler in northern New Jersey . As others have noted the group is very handy. Is your bateau a trawler? what are you using on the teak? do you have any of the big jobs like fuel tanks to do? jays/color]
POPPA-T
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Larose, Louisiana

Post by POPPA-T »

Yes it is a trawler, the teak had been neglected for the last 8 or 10 years. It was heavily checked. After a lot of sanding I used Teak Guard on all of trim work and teak oil on the decks. I need about 3 or 4 days of good weather to finish the outside wood work. Will then start sanding fiberglass and prepare to paint. I will post some pic's once I learn how this site works.

Return to “New Member Introductions”