• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Owner Maintenance Help, 28 TE Matter of Time

JIMBO44
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PORT ST LUCIE FLORIDA

Owner Maintenance Help, 28 TE Matter of Time

Post by JIMBO44 »

:D Hello Friends, I have owned Matter of Time for over three years, It has been a case of love at first sight for the Admiral and I, you will find our story of Jacksonville to Port Saint Lucie in the blog records. I am a 74 year young disabled USAF veteran. Members have helped me on the blog through many enhancements, "new Refer, R&R of Cabin Sole, initial adjustment of lift, docking............" the list goes on and on. I am very grateful.

I have finally been able to totally retire and want to do several tasks myself. First: The Boat: Matter of Time. 1994 Albin 28TE, Hull: AUL 28154D494, Yanmar Serial 22035/4LH-DTE, Hours: 724, Transmission: IF Hurth. Serial/Model/ratio: 28703/IF66 1V.66/1.56:1, Prop 3 Bladed bronze 18X14. Cabin is Air Conditioned.

These are the tasks I would like to do, in the case of the first: have done by another: Reset the Port and Star'bd forward windshield glass. It is leaking beyond simple sealing. As I see it, the task requires removal of retaining Fiberglas fixtures (new and in good shape) , very carefully remove the glass, Clean the bedding surface to an antiseptic condition, put an (unknown, help here) "u"channel seal over the glass and reinstall using a (unknown, help here) bedding and sealing adhesive that will withstand the Florida Sun's radiation.
Next and I think far simpler: 2. R&R the fuel filter, it was previously done by a technician (sloppily I might add), the Yanmar Book is not good at all here and I was forced to rely on another, please tell me the correct way to do the task. the same guidance is asked for the task of changing Oil and Filter, I was physically unable to do so before, and this was also sloppily done by a technician. :D :D

Thank you,

Jimbo44
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Owner Maintenance Help, 28 TE Matter of Time

Post by Tree »

Jim,

I cant help with the windows but i may be able to help with the filters.

First the oil filter, its simply a case of unscrew it (assuming the set up is the same as the Yanmar 6LP series) There is a non return valve that should reduce the amount of oil spilling in the bilge. The fuel filter If i recall has a sender unit at the bottom that you need to unclip prior to removal.

Before you remove it, shut the fuel off at the racor filter, remove the filter on the engine and reinstall a new filter again, pretty sure its unscrew. On top of the filter you will have a nut that has a small hole through the side, this is for bleeding the fuel. Undo this screw, not all the way just enough until you see the hole (its about 2mm (3/32") diameter) On top of the fuel filter fitting is a big black rubber button, this is for priming. Connect the sender unit back up and open the racor filter valve. Then with press down on the rubber button on the top until fuel starts to come through the small hole in the priming screw. Once done, tighten this back up and you should have a filter full of fuel and no air.

If you could get some pictures of the filters uploaded that would be helpful, I'd think they are the same as the 6LP so we can confirm.

Lee
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”