• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just took delivery of my 28TE. -- upgrades?

Jknox0601

Just took delivery of my 28TE. -- upgrades?

Post by Jknox0601 »

I just closed on the purchase of a very nice 2002 28TE that has a brand new 2014 Volvo D6-330 engine. It is a great boat. I am really looking forward to a great offshore 2015 season for Salmon and Albacore off of San Francisco. I am considering two upgrades to the boat: a swim step and a heater/defroster run off the engine cooling system. As to the latter, Volvo makes a nice looking unit but of course it is a bit spendy ($650 for the part, less ducting etc.). Not sure where to turn for a swim step, since the Albin factory is no more. I want something that is sturdy, looks good on the boat, and is low maintenance (I.e. Not teak). Any leads from seasoned owners greatly appreciated.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Re: Just took delivery of my 28TE. -- upgrades?

Post by JackK »

The guys at Standish Boat Yard in Tiverton, RI have a lot of templates and knowledge. You might give Ken Hilton a call for help on where to start. You can reach Ken at (401) 624-4075.
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cherokee Resort and Marina - Tellico River near Vonore, TN

Re: Just took delivery of my 28TE. -- upgrades?

Post by tego »

You can also try Marine Connection Liquidators in Ft Pierce, FL. They're on line and have a bunch of NOS platforms in fiberglass, starboard etc. Give them a call. Good luck, Ben

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”