• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Kilo fox II
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: None

Post by Kilo fox II »

Know nothing about boats - retiring on 12/31 after 50 yrs practicing law in upstate ny - signed a 1 yr lease on the beach at Oak Island nc & will spend the yr seeing if a liveaboard trawler lifestyle will work for me - so far the albin 36 is the most appealing - have spent the last 40 yrs owning & flying airplanes so am just itching to find another black hole to pour money down - Keith Flint
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member

Post by jcollins »

Keith,
Welcome to Albin Owners Group and welcome to your latest black hole.
Surround yourslef with those that are more knowledgeable than yourself. You don't know what you don't know. Don't be shy about asking questions. This is a great forum to learn about Albins. I'm sure there are other forums out there as well that can answer questions about the liveaboard lifestyle.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Kilo fox II
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Kilo fox II »

Thnx - looking forward to thisv
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, looks like you are going full circle, seeing the world from the inside out and top down. Many interesting things and people to see and experience looking from the outside in, enjoy the adventure. Might consider the Great Loop. Thanks, Mark.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Keith Welcome. You will be hooked quickly. Lots more fun than the practice of law. Heck, the water hole will always welcome your money and time.
Are you considering the Albin 36ET or a Classic Albin 36. There is a really fine 36 Albin ET in your area for sale. Has only 500 hours on twin
Yanmar's and is kept all winter on the dry.
whwells "Howard"
cowboy321
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Naptown

Post by cowboy321 »

Boating is pretty relaxing yet has ongoing needs to fix or repair. If you have money it is good to keep it circulating in the economy....
Kilo fox II
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Kilo fox II »

thnx - I have the economy in mind
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome. I suggest getting some training on docking to enhance your enjoyment and lessen your stress. Unlike flying where going low and slow is dangerous, going slow in docking is often the safest approach. You're already used to the impact of air currents; now, you will have air and water currents impacting on setting a course.
Have fun.
Kilo fox II
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Kilo fox II »

thanks Jack - that's first on my list of to-do's - I'd like to be professional in operating a boat
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Yes, friends asked me when I retired 5 years ago, "But what are you going to do to keep busy? I just don't know how I'd use all that free time". Well that answer is easy, just buy an old boat! You'll have plenty to keep you busy (and broke) maintaining, restoring, upgrading, and cruising on a 'classic plastic' boat. You could do a lot worse than an Albin.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”