• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A28TE Can an L settee be made from a Flush Deck?

Captain Starbucks
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Tacoma, WA

A28TE Can an L settee be made from a Flush Deck?

Post by Captain Starbucks »

Hi everybody,

I'm slowly getting back into the boat market. My wife and I have decided to put the Albin 28 on our short list. We both like the 2007 only L settee style with the enclosed pilot house. Obviously we're not opposed to buying one of these, that would be our first choice. Problem is that we live in the Pacific Northwest, Albin's aren't very common up here, and definitely not the 2007 L settee with the enclosed pilot house. My thoughts are that I could get a Flush Deck model and have a boat yard make an L settee or whatever else we can imagine out of a Flush Deck.

Does anyone think that's possible, and if so, would it be worth it? Shipping from the east coast is expensive, I'm guessing about $5k-$8k for a boat this size if I'm lucky enough to find one with a trailer already on it. More without a trailer (I'd be buying one for towing around here anyhow....)

Thanks for you input.
Rob in Tacoma, WA

2009 C-Dory TomCat 255
2001 Shamrock Mackinaw 270, Yanmar 300 - 2015- 2022
2012 Ranger Tug 25 - 2012-2014
1995 Wooldridge 20' Xtra Plus - 2005-2012
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: A28TE Can an L settee be made from a Flush Deck?

Post by Carl »

There would be some issues with converting a normal flush deck to the L settee. The main issues would be access to the large floor hatches in the typical flush deck. You might be happier with a 31TE if this is a must.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

Here is one up your way that might work. Interesting seating conversion that might work for you.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2004/Al ... Jh5upCBABg
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Carl »

Whoops, just saw that its in Port Washington, New York!!!!!!
Still might give you some ideas.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Captain Starbucks
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Tacoma, WA

Post by Captain Starbucks »

Carl, that's funny, I was actually checking "All Fluked up" just as you were sending that to me. In a lot of ways, I like his modification better than the L settee. More deck fishing space, easier for people on the bench to run to the rods and much less expensive. I'll present that to the wife and see what she says. Looking at his mod, I think it can be improved a bit for better back rests, a foot rest and possibly extend the seat aft a few more inches.

As far as the 31, that really does look like my perfect boat. It's simply too big for me to tow. I'm limited to 12,500 pounds on my truck. The 31 puts it into the realm of semi trucks. Granted, I'll only be towing twice per year, but I think the 28 works better for us until we decide to eat 12 month moorage again.
Rob in Tacoma, WA

2009 C-Dory TomCat 255
2001 Shamrock Mackinaw 270, Yanmar 300 - 2015- 2022
2012 Ranger Tug 25 - 2012-2014
1995 Wooldridge 20' Xtra Plus - 2005-2012
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

The set-up of "All Fluked up" is a nice option. The hardbacks are modular and were made by Aluminum 2000 and may be able to built and shipped to you.

Enjoy your search!

http://www.aluminum2000.com/shields.html
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”