• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Detailing

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Detailing

Post by seasalt »

I just had Hi Spirits washed and waxed from the water line up in preparation for our Christmas cruise to Ft. Myers and South Seas Resort.

When I first got the boat a year and a half ago I had it partially compounded and waxed for $900.00. Since then I have had a complete detail done by a different company every five months at a cost of $10.00 per foot. That includes wash, wax, metal polish and isinglass treatment.

The company that I now use is a little different than ones that I have used in the past in that the owner and four helpers show up and knock it out in a couple of hours rather than one or two people spending all day.

I am curious about prices and techniques in other parts of the country.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Re: Detailing

Post by joreyn »

Blue Moon (36 ET) costs around $500 to buff and wax the hull and about $450 for the topsides.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I am curious about prices and techniques in other parts of the country.
I spend around 450.00 in the fall after it's pulled. Another 300.00 for in-the-water wax in June.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Mike Loper
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego

Post by Mike Loper »

Hi Ron...we spend $650, three times per year to wax the hull and cabin of our 28TE here in San Diego. Also, we have it washed twice per month at a cost of $70/mo. This keeps Bluefin looking fresh and new.
Bluefin
2005 28TE
Volvo D6-310
Flush Deck
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Seasalt: Ron the first year to do Nibbles was 1200 to wax and included the complete boat and flybridge. That same person washed the boat once per month at 80.00 per month. After the 1st year she charged 900.00-1,000. to wash and full wax above water line. It needed a bit more detailing that first year. It was hard to tell if the non blue surface had been waxed before. Made a big difference and then it was just a matter of keeping it up. Generally it got washed twice a month. I did the wash and cleaning after each trip and then the lady who did the wash and annual wax would clean the boat a day or two before my next arrival. Always looked great.
Your prices sound good to me. Lots of surface on the flybridge series.
whwells "Howard"
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

Congratulations on your new boat. I have several friends with Sabres. Great boats.

I guess there is more competition here in Florida. The same team shows up once a month to wash Hi Spirits for $1.50 a ft. They are almost gone before they get here.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
Dudley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Islesboro, Maine---Pripet landing The north east end of the island

Post by Dudley »

I detail mine myself and I would not detail another boat for a grand or two. I have a 28TE, 1004 and I have spent two days trying to clean out the mildew. i spend more time working on the boat than I do using it.
larson254
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: PORT CHARLOTTE, FL 33948

Post by larson254 »

Ron Price sounds great! Need name of your guy.
Tom
28 TE
Port Charlotte, Fl.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”