• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking at 28 TE engine box 1999 asking 63k

special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Re: Looking at 28 TE engine box 1999 asking 63k

Post by special k »

a little 2-stroke oil in my marine fuel for lubrication is the norm on my boat, i'll have to try it in my truck, also a dura-max

sorry to take this thread off topic
CaptSteve
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Norwich,CT

Post by CaptSteve »

No problem, a little learning across the board.

I have been told it is ok to use HH oil in older diesels but in the newer it doesn't work so good. I know that friends use HH oil in their boat and go through more fuel filters that when the burned from the dock. Just leads me to think the HH isn't as refined but still haven't been able to find data or acceptable specs or one or the other fuels. If it works...it's all good. I do know that in some of the newer motors the warranty is voided if red dyed fuel is found.
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by special k »

that warrantee threat most likely applies to trucks and cars. all marine diesel i've purchased is red. good luck finding a boat, let us know how you make out.

c-you out there!
CaptSteve
First Mate
First Mate

Post by CaptSteve »

Yes that is correct, autos for the warranty. I just post the boat in Craigslist eastern Ct? I'll try to post a link but if you get a chance let me know what you think.
Serenity
In Memorium
Home Port: East Islip Anglers, New York

Post by Serenity »

Capt. Steve, if you want to see how a 28 Albin runs in heavy seas, go to You Tube and in the search box put in "Albin 28 TE" panama fishing. This Albin has more holes in the gunnel for rods than there are holes in the hull for discharge. My 28 has the 315 ( A repower in 2009) and I only run marine diesel with Valtech. The station I use for fuel is a ferry terminal and you know the owners do not want those puppies to break down because of contaminated fuel.
Max
Serenity 98 28TE
East Islip, Long Island, New York
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I've had mine in rougher weather than this and this was blowing about a force 6 that day

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7736 (click the picture in the thread for a better picture)
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
CaptSteve
First Mate
First Mate

Post by CaptSteve »

Good to see these boats are good in rough weather. I like to push the envelope a little . Have all the time with that Striper in the Swap/sell/trade section. She is my baby now. Me and a close friend went for tuna off Chatham on a say we shouldn't have, it got real ugly and the boat was great. One time my buddy was in the passengers seat as we trolled around and he started to laugh. I asked "what's so funny?" He replied "I can't see the top of that wave behind you". They were regularly over the top of the boat. Look forward to do that in another.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

I have had mine 30 miles offshore fishing in all kinds of weather and she has NEVER let me down. :)
CaptSteve
First Mate
First Mate

Post by CaptSteve »

Swell...be able to handle that is caught in it. Not that I look for that weather to fish in. Like Slimjim says
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by special k »

last summer on one shark trip to the horns, about 50 miles from my port in mystic, the seas were a little bigger than predicted. steady 4-6 all day with the occasional 8's. head seas all the way out, rocky drift and heavy following all the way back to montauk, it just never laid down. the albin handled it well on the drift as well as under power. adjusted speed to match the seas and we were comfortable. also turned out to a great shark outing bringing 4 makos to the boat with the biggest tipping over 300 lbs.

with a fuel bladder we will be overnighting at the edge this season looking for the epic tuna bite that was there last summer. any way the point is that the albin 28 is a very capable vessel for when noaa gets their sea predictions a little wrong. i still prefer to pick my windows to fairer conditions.

cheers!
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

A few years ago when the price of diesel went sky high I burned very clean, almost new, transmission fluid. At around 40% trans fluid I noticed the engine becoming a bit sluggish so I cut back on the trans fluid and added diesel until the price came down. I burned around 90 gallons of trans fluid that year with no ill effects. Older diesels will run on just about any petroleum product as long as it's clean.
Owner of 28' TE
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

These boats will handle more water than I, as the captain, ever want to be in!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
slimjim
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SAN FRANCISCO CA

Post by slimjim »

MadMoney wrote:These boats will handle more water than I, as the captain, ever want to be in!

That's a very kool picture.......
CaptSteve
First Mate
First Mate

Post by CaptSteve »

very cool pic MadMoney!

the area you are from is where my Striper was from when i bought it new.
i figured if it was built to handle that water, those i the NE would be easy.
I was right!
MadMoney
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Seattle Washington

Post by MadMoney »

Here's another one from that day in the Straits of Juan de Fuca
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”