• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Propane grill for TE 28

Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: Propane grill for TE 28

Post by Nancy »

Thanks Kevin & Jim. Does the propane canister hang outboard of the coaming?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Nancy wrote:Thanks Kevin & Jim. Does the propane canister hang outboard of the coaming?

I've always set it up so that the propane cylinder rests on the cover board/gunnel. This takes the pressure off of the attachment supply line and securing nut. Pretty simple to set up.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

Pitou wrote:I've always set it up so that the propane cylinder rests on the cover board/gunnel. This takes the pressure off of the attachment supply line and securing nut. Pretty simple to set up.
Could the canister be set up to hang over the water? My DH is adamant about this even though the risk of propane in the bilge is extremely low.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Nancy wrote:Could the canister be set up to hang over the water? My DH is adamant about this even though the risk of propane in the bilge is extremely low.
Yes. Either on the gunnel or hanging over, just rotate the supply tube under the grill. With the rod holder mount you can easily re-adjust it to any orientation or angle and it's rock solid. It's easy to re-orientate which is nice if you have to move it to the other side of the boat in the event of a raft-up, strong wind change, etc.

Sorry the kids weren't better behaved - this was day 11 on a trip so they were getting a little nutty and, more importantly, I think I forgot to lock the beer cooler!

I also always put a rubber mat on the gunnel to keep things clean and protected and have somewhere to put down hot greasy utensils, etc. I think you mentioned this concern in an earlier post. But rest assure, the bottom of the grill in no way gets hot enough to be a threat.

And, BTW, we love the this round grill, no issues regulating it and it's big enough for the 4 of us yet not to bulky to store below deck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nancy »

RobS wrote:
Nancy wrote:Could the canister be set up to hang over the water? My DH is adamant about this even though the risk of propane in the bilge is extremely low.
Yes. Either on the gunnel or hanging over, just rotate the supply tube under the grill. With the rod holder mount you can easily re-adjust it to any orientation or angle and it's rock solid. It's easy to re-orientate which is nice if you have to move it to the other side of the boat in the event of a raft-up, strong wind change, etc.

Sorry the kids weren't better behaved - this was day 11 on a trip so they were getting a little nutty and, more importantly, I think I forgot to lock the beer cooler!

I also always put a rubber mat on the gunnel to keep things clean and protected and have somewhere to put down hot greasy utensils, etc. I think you mentioned this concern in an earlier post. But rest assure, the bottom of the grill in no way gets hot enough to be a threat.

And, BTW, we love the this round grill, no issues regulating it and it's big enough for the 4 of us yet not to bulky to store below deck.
Ha ha - love the photo, Rob!

It seems like the round grill is the way to go. Magma told me that the rectangular grill can't be re-oriented on any of their mounts to hang over the water. And it looks like the supply tube is in a fixed position on the rectangular units.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
special k
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: mystic

Post by special k »

we use one of the larger magma rectangulars (not sure which model) with rod holder mount, next to that on the adjacent rod holder i have the rod holder mounted bait board. perfect grilling station, plenty of room for utensils and food supplies. never any issues with heat damage or propane accumulations.
and we do a lot of onboard grilling! on windier days i fold the rod mount under the grill and use the legs built into the grill on the engine box or the deck floor.
entire unit stores in its own bag and fits nicely below deck at the helm hatch.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”