• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sand Blue Stripe?

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Sand Blue Stripe?

Post by seasalt »

Seems that many Albins have an accent stripe on the bridge or the hull. Has anyone tried wet sanding this strip? What grit should I use?

Mine goes around the bridge and is getting faded. Next time the boat is in the yard I may have it painted.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
elad

Re: Sand Blue Stripe?

Post by elad »

I accidently blew a section of the stripe off with a power washer a few years ago. It is only tape - at least on my 28TE.
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Mine is paint or gelcoat. I have waxed it several times so definitely not tape.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
djpeewee
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Angeles/On Driveway

Post by djpeewee »

I removed all of the stripes on our 28TE. 3M makes a decal removal disk for this purpose. You just use a drill with the disk and "erase" the stripes away. I used the same to remove the old name when we bought the boat. The one I used is called Roloc+ Vinyl Decal Stripe and Number Removal Disc from 3M. Boat looks way better without the stripes.
DJ
TRYGON
28 TE Flush Deck

Return to “Albin Maintenance”