• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

C&C MARINE

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

C&C MARINE

Post by whwells »

Anyone know if these people are still in business. There is no current phone on the internet listing/ nor am I able to locate one through telephone listing. However, City & State is required and I do not know that other than Bristol. RI and that no longer works.
whwells "Howard"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: C&C MARINE

Post by Pitou »

here you go Howard .. http://www.northcoastboats.com/
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

They are in business, although no longer building Albins.

I had the below note from their director of sales back in June.

"Hi Doug

Unfortunately, we are no longer building Albins. We wanted to test the market and build several 28 TE models. However, there was little interest in new Albins and our dealer sold only three boats in three years. Other dealers had no interest in the line. Without dealer participation, we saw no future in continuing, so we decided to cease production.

Regards,

Charles N. Tasso
Dir Marketing/Sales
C&C Marine Inc.
Builder of
NorthCoast Boats"
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Doug & Kevin: Thanks for the reply. Tried the listing and that number is no longer working that you sent. So it maybe the entire operation is down.
Sad they gave up on the Albin. Really of little surprise in the way they responded to people calling about them. At least that was my experience.
They have built none of the larger 31 or 35's. However, they had the molds and was going to ask if they would build a 35te Flybridge for me.
Have located a couple of nice 35te w/o the bridge and of the up galley series. Well, it was a long shot any way.
There was a 35te posted a year or two back that was tied to a dock sinking. Wonder what happened to that boat. If it were a salvage one might buy and remove the bridge for another boat.
Hell, got myself into a mess selling mine and can't seem to find any replacement that will work. Sure hope I don't have to leave the Albin boats to get another flybridge with an up galley with bunks or a second stateroom. Have had no better luck looking for the Express Trawler as R&R of the flybridge is a costly nightmare on that particular boat and no one wants to transport it intact.
I am only aware of the So. Cal. Express Trawler out west and I have seen the survey report. Just needs more than I want to deal with at this this point.
Howard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Doug & Kevin: Well, I did finally get in contact with North Coast Boats. Spoke with Charles about the flybridge issue. They did not buy the 31 or 35 molds as it turns out. Last he knew they were outside going to pot. Had no idea where they are now and had no interest in trying to locate them for a single flybridge mold. Well, it was a very long shot anyway. Sounds like the wonderful line will never be built again. That is a sad day for all of us who love the boat.
whwells "Howard"
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Don't be in a rush Howard, hold out till spring at least as it'll be then that new boats come on the market. Im sure it'll be worth the wait.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Tree: Thanks, yes patience!
Howard
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Howard .. maybe try a proactive approach by contacting some of the former Albin Dealers that are still around, but carrying different lines. As there weren't many of the hull configuration that you're looking for you might be able to jar some memories of prior sales and actually motivate a sales call to see if anyone might be interested in selling. I think that this is a stone worth turning.

2 large dealers of Albin boats in the Northeast:

Standish Boat Yard - Tiverton, RI Ken 401-624-4075
White Water Marine - Sayville, NY / Anthony 800-894-9383

I'm sure you have the west coast covered. Possibly some other AOG members can share some dealers from the Mid-Atlantic & Southeast.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Howard, I am currently stuck here at work waiting for a machine to finish its operation so it seemed a good time to have a look at boats on the internet. Now I know its not an Albin, and its not a galley up boat but I came across this - what a lovely looking boat!

http://www.bluenoseyachts.com/detail/20 ... le-655051/

Just food for thought.

Lee
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

whwells wrote:Sad they gave up on the Albin. Really of little surprise in the way they responded to people calling about them. At least that was my experience. They have built none of the larger 31 or 35's. However, they had the molds and was going to ask if they would build a 35te Flybridge for me.
Howard
Howard - The last time I was by the old Albin factory in Portsmouth, the molds for the 31, 35 and a few others were sitting outside unprotected and deteriorating in the weather. Very sad to see. I was starting the process to move up to a 31 when rumors started swirling that Albin was in trouble. Luckily I had not put a deposit down because some of those people waited a long time to see it back.

As for questions about Albins, Ken Hilton and Ed Belisle at Standish Boat are the only guys I know of that still have the knowledge. Eddie worked at Albin for something like 20 or 25 years. Between the two, they can tell you who supplied components to Albin and where to get them.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Albin 35TE

Post by Legacy »

Hi Howard. Greetings form Boston. Legacy may be for sale, not quite ready to let her go without a replacement but let me know if you'd be interested in taking a look. Have had several calls. Not working with a broker yet. Cheers!
Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"

Return to “General Discussion”