• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner Before First Snow

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

New Owner Before First Snow

Post by FiveToes »

Joined the board in the summer, and finally landed the boat we were looking for. An Albin 28TE Flush Deck (2009). Formerly known as the Sputnik, will be renamed in the spring to the Five Toes II (I see previoius owners have posted on this site). Took her home last weekend from Rhode Island to Niantic, CT in quite the system. Was a great opportunity to see the handling in some pretty nasty seas. I was beyond impressed with the stability and comfort throughout our 3.5 hour journey.

I have to thank all of the contributors on this site who unknowingly educated me for several months as I was searching for my boat. I know that this site will continue to provide me with volumes of information on how to keep her in great condition and troubleshoot any problems I may encounter. My favorite post so far was on the "docking advice". I bookmarked that post and read it no less than 15 times before I brought the boat back. I requested that my marina put us on a starboard side floating dock (they were originally going to port), and in a very tight spot, I was able to back right in utilizing the great suggestions in that thread. Knowing it was a new boat to me, I had about 8 people on the dock waiting to help me. When I laid her right up in the slip, they all looked at me and said "Wow! Nice!". Felt pretty good not to embarass myself.

Thanks again to all of the contributors and I look forward to participating in many future threads as a new Albin owner!

-Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Owner Before First Snow

Post by whwells »

Five Toes: Congra's on your new Albin 28te. It is a real beauty. The all white boats have so much character and will hold up in the sun and weather so much easier and better than dark colors. You landing is one to be proud of and it would take most of us a lot of training to do nearly so well with the single screw. Interesting choice of names. Suspect it has some special history and meaning to you.
Look forward to your participation.
whwells "Howard"
FiveToes
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Post by FiveToes »

Thanks Howard! Yes, the Five Toes has some history. Last name Toback, led to a nickname growing up of "Toes". Now our family of five led to the "Five Toes". The original is a 2002 Grady White Tournament 22'. Now trying to sell. I just didn't want to risk being without a boat for the fall fishing season. So I will probably put on blocks shortly and sell in the spring. -Greg
Greg T.

Five Toes II
2009 Albin 28 TE
Flush Deck
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

FiveToes, very nice boat. When I first got mine, I could not resist sitting on the dock looking at her. Sorry to hear about the winter affliction. Welcome. Thanks, Mark
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Greg: Okay, we understand the unusual name now. Like it with the history.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”