• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Neglected fuel filters

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

mike66
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Warwick, RI

Neglected fuel filters

Post by mike66 »

Decided to tackle the Westerbeke generator's fuel filters today. I've owned the boat three years and due to the difficult location have put it off. I'm sure the previous owner did too after the results of my four hours of pain were revealed. The lift pump filter (1st in line) looked like a car oil filter that hadn't been changed in 5+yrs. The last filter before the injector pump was a little better, without the black gunk covering everything. I did have to remove the filter head from the engine, put it a vise, and apply heat, Liquid Wrench, and a 3 ft. breaker bar to free up the filter element. I hate stuff put together by a gorilla. Anyway, that hurdle has been cleared, and next year should be alot easier and hopefully less painful, although me being another year older won't make getting in there any easier.
Last chance filter.jpg
Lift pump filter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mike and Sue Phillips
Warwick, RI
SUSAN HELENA 1985 40' Trawler
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: Neglected fuel filters

Post by RobS »

Time well spent. Looks like the results of servicing a home heating oil tank and burner!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Albin Maintenance”