• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

new purchaser of older boat

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: new purchaser of older boat

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, we are almost neighbors, if we lived closer together we would be. We Florida Albin owners got to stick together. I'm sure you will love your boat, and I know you will be able to benefit from this site. Like they say it's never to late to live happily ever after. Thanks, Mark.
sunvale1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: grand haven, MI

Post by sunvale1 »

If it has the Lehman diesel you will have a great performer. Those engines go for ever. I researched the Albin for a couple of years when we wanted to get an Albin 36 we looked at a single with bow thruster. The owner liked his boat more than his wife because the price was way out of line. Ultimately we ended up with a 36 Island Gypsy, but still love the extensive wood work in the Albin. Make sure you give the windows a good inspection, to my way of thinking that is the one weak spot on them.
Welcome to the group
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome PDFL. THE 32 ALBIN is a modern style boat as far as I know. There is one on the hard in Anacortes, Wa. that looks to be all fiberglass other than perhaps the door. The Classic 36 of course has lots of beautiful wood but also lots of work. Is your boat like the Classic's are more like the modern style albins. What year is the boat?
Happy to have you abroad. Can you post some pictures of the find?
whwells "Howard"

Return to “New Member Introductions”