• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

THE NEXT ADVENTURE

whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

THE NEXT ADVENTURE

Post by whwells »

NIBBLES has sold to a fellow southern Cal. member. Was and is very hard to part with that fine boat. Now looking for the the impossible search. Would like to replace her with a 35te Flybridge with the UP GALLEY. Very limited edition.
Will post this information under the sale & trade section as well. Congra's to the new owner of a very great boat.
What I need is room for guests when cruising and storage that comes with the Up Galley series.
Hoping that I can find and stay with the AOG. What else would I do with my spare time.
whwells "Howard"
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Re: THE NEXT ADVENTURE

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

Congratulations. That was really quick.

You want a galley up and of course that is what I have...not currently for sale and a long way from you. Based on your comment about the galley up version being a very limited edition, I am wondering if anyone knows how many of each type of 35 TE was produced??

The second stateroom is very handy for the grandson's yearly visit and for storage. When not underway we keep the bridge cushions, our cockpit chairs, our fancy PDF's, and all the extra canvas on the bunks.

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Ron: The sale was fast. Hard to part with such a fine boat. However, for cruising in NW an Upgalley would just work so much better. The settee
and no storage was difficult. I had looked at an upgalley 35te on Long Island, NY before buying Nibbles. Really liked the boat except it did not have the flybridge.
The flybridge is a must for me in the NW. Plan to be a bit patient in the search as I do want to stay active with AOG. Do have the Osprey for fishing locally.

If nothing shows up will then search for Saber 42 Flybridge or a Nordic 37 Flybridge both beyond my budget. Doug Sea has an upgalley and we know how much he likes the boat. I am prepared to go wherever for a clean model. There was a real beauty with every option including a water maker in NY just after my purchase. It sold and reportedly went to Nova Scotia. Really dropped off the map after that. Someone has one and like mine they do get on the market from time to time.

Join me in the search for a replacement. Do you ever see Chuck?

whwells 'Howard"
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

I have not seen Chuck since April at the AOG Rendezvous in Bradenton. I think that he splits his time between his condo in downtown St. Petersburg and the mountains of PA. We are selling our house in Punta Gorda to allow for more worry free time on the boat. We are thinking seriously, depending on the house sale, of doing the Great Loop next Spring on Hi Spirits. Buying a condo in downtown St, Pete or Sarasota when our house sells is high on our list so we will ask Chuck for his insight on St. Pete.

Our boat just prior to Hi Spirits was a 42' Nordic Tug. We loved it but it was two slow for the short cruise life style that we now have. It was an exceptionally well built boat with the highest quality component parts. I have a couple of friends with American Tugs and they offer high praise of that brand. Same with Saber. Top shelf.

Good luck on your search.

Ron
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Ron: Just received an email from Chuck. He is well and soon headed back there. He was very surprised I was looking for a replacement to Nibbles.
The original plan was to stop the long hard run to the NW. However, I just can't seem to give it up for a few more years assuming my good health holds.

Exciting to think of doing the Loop. We have friends in the NW who are doing in stages about 6 weeks per year and then dry docking for the balance along the way. They are having a great time.

Really hope that an Up galley turns up for me before I find something else. What year was your 42 Nordic? I would like a 2006-2008 with electronic Cummins engine. A bit spendy for this old retired guy unless I find a deal - and they are rare for the flybridge. Won't have any boat other than my Osprey fishing boat without a flybridge.

Doug Sea has the only late model flybridge in the up-galley I know of. There was one in NY with every option even water maker just after the Nibbles purchase. It sold and have not seen anything on it since. Rumor was it went to Novia Scotia? Keep an eye out there for me. I would truck or ship the right boat out here -nuts as that may be.

Howard
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by seasalt »

My NT was a 2000 that I owned from 2005 to 2010 and it did not have a bridge.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Ron: Thanks for the reply. Sure the NT was a nice boat. However, for all the reasons you know in the 35te the flybridge is more than half the fun of cruising.
Heard from Chuck twice today. Guess we woke him up. Sent pictures of his 80th birthday party. He and his wife look really good.
Gosh I am feeling alone and boat-less already.
Howard
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

My CC Commander is the layout you mention.
The layout is often referred to as a tri-cabin.

Starting from the pointy end and working back:
Fwd stateroom
Double bunk stateroom to port
Head with standup shower to starboard
Galley Up Salon w/Galley to port
No 2nd station to starboard - just cabinetry, etc.

I purchased her from a couple w/o kids who enjoyed her for 17 years.
The bunk room was their walk-in closet - tons of storage and close the door.
We are a family of four so the bunk room is for the kids when we are all aboard.
We like the galley up as we can all lounge in the salon during meal prep and cleanup and the chef is not "down below"
Plus it's very nice that when working in the galley you have the full view out the big windows.
The big plus to galley down is that you can have a full hgt fridge. But if fridge space is that important you could always go with two under-counter fridges side by side like in the Albin 32/35 CB's.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Rob: Thanks for the post. I am considering an Albin Command Bridge 35. No just looking at the listing right now.
You found a real jewel in the CC. Not likely that can be repeated.
Just posted my concerns on the Command Bridge section re No Windshield and No W/S Wipers. Since the boat is active all year and hell it rains anytime in the NW - well don't know how to handle that issue. Also wondering if a trolling value for 1.4 mph is needed for the Yanmar 420.
The other issue is the V drive. Have never liked them much. The straight drive some advantage. Was back when my 27' Whaler had twin 350 IB with V Drive. Noisy way to boat. Of course was not up top for running.
Would love to find that rare 35te Sportfisher/flybridge upgalley. Unless Doug will sell me his it is unlikely.
Howard
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by seasalt »

Howard,

I assume that Doug's boat has a lower station. Even more rarefied. I can certainly can see why you guys in the PNW would need a place to get out of the rain, fog and cold. Here in SW Florida it would be a waste of space.

Although I sometimes wished my NT 42 had an upper station I would not have traded the comfy pilothouse for anything. I once took the boat up the Tenn Tom Waterway to Columbus, MS, arriving in December with a temperature of 17 degrees. When I left almost exactly a year later to return to Florida is was also 17 degrees. I forget what it is called but all NT's have a heater plumbed to the engine like a car.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Seasalt: Doug's is like yours. Upper station only. Recall Chuck thought the down galley with lower station took up too much room. Actually in the NW is is well worth. I am not expecting to find a 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge with both stations, but one can dream.
Howard
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Hey Howard - Conratulations on the very quick sale! Lightly used and well taken care of usually makes things happen quickly once a buyer steps aboard. The first buyer to step aboard my 28 bought her!

Best in the search for a 35TE with galley up, flybridge w/2nd station & twins. In my search over a 12 month period I did come across one with that configuration, but it is now sold and the girl looked "tired". I was really looking for a needle in a haystack .. same search as you, but with a single .. that search was futile!

Pesonally, I'm always looking for the next boat and if I stumble into something appropriate I'll be sure to pass it along.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Halcyon »

Howard, best wishes on your new search. You seem to have a pretty good idea of the quantity of 35 TE's built.
The more I read of your comments the more I think my boat is pretty rare. I have a 2004 with galley up, two steering stations and the sport fishing flying bridge layout. It has Yanmar 6LPs but no generator.
Do you know how many 35 TE's were built total?

Thanks,

Trav
IMG_0445.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I am assuming upgalley is in the main cabin?

Just browsing boats Howard and came across this one - single station but does have the upgalley if I am understanding correctly?

http://www.boatshop24.com/en/albin-35-c ... 5LTZVPo.97
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Tree wrote:I am assuming upgalley is in the main cabin?

Just browsing boats Howard and came across this one - single station but does have the upgalley if I am understanding correctly?

http://www.boatshop24.com/en/albin-35-c ... 5LTZVPo.97
Too funny - That's Ron's boat!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”