• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member from Copenhagen Denmark

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Elefantdan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Copenhagen Denmark

New member from Copenhagen Denmark

Post by Elefantdan »

Hi all abineers, I would like to introduce myself.
I´m Dan 37 years old and just bought a Albin 25 together with a friend.
Its a Albin 25 from 1973 with a Perkins 3 Cyl 103-10 22hp small diesel from 2009.
We bought "Formidable" cheap this summer since she was partially sunken for 12 hrs due to a pantry hose that slipped off when she was put into the sea at springtime, while on the hands of the previous owner. The salt water was just below knee height inside the boat. The engine didn't get water internally and was flushed precautionary 3 times and got installed a new alternator and a refurbished starter by the insurance company.
So it has been a busy summer re-installing all the electrics but she is coming together steady step by the step. Engine is running fine and I had the first few trips on a emergency electrical hookup just for testing.
She only needs external electrical stuff done now: wipers lanterns and horn and a few other tasks here and there. The god thing about this is, I now know every wire :-)

Looking forward to be a guest onboard AOG!

Cheers
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jay Knoll
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Vero Beach FL

Re: New member from Copenhagen Denmark

Post by Jay Knoll »

Welcome! She looks great glad you've got her running again.

Jay
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome! Good for you for saving this classic. Enjoy your boat.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, if that is that the PO on the deck, understand the partial sinking, he was just looking for a wetter environment. Your most of a world away from Florida, but it sure looks nice there, enjoy your boat, she looks great. Thanks, Mark.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Wecome til AOG!
I thought the alligator was real until I saw the hose clamp.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Welcome Dan!! My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful week in Copenhagen last year. We took a boat ride and noticed a few Albins docked in different canals. I hope you enjoy your classic!!
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC
Elefantdan
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Copenhagen Denmark

Post by Elefantdan »

Thanks a lot guys! What a warm welcome. Mark, That's one good theory you got there, except any Alligator would be sorry to hit the cold waters here, yep a world away from sunny Florida. Though we had a really good summer this time can't complaint. Jcollins, What do you mean real? of course it is. Only bad thing it's more hungry than my engine;) tbnolin, Nice you have been here, yeah its crazy but true.. there is an Albin 25 in almost every habour here in Denmark. Thanks guys let me know if you pass by Copenhagen another time cheers Dan
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Nice first posting and photos. Nice boat as well. Look forward to more from you.
whwells "Howard:

Return to “New Member Introductions”