• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A tribute to Ruth's passing.

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

A tribute to Ruth's passing.

Post by Mark Deeser »

Ruth has passed from this world, who was Ruth, well she was Sumner's wife. She entered that dreamless sleep 8/30/14. I never actuality met Sumner or Ruth, except through their Internet post. They had only been married a short time, probably only the blink of the eye in Sumner's mind. They had come to boating late in life, yes they were stick and sheets in the wind people, but we who insists on inhaling diesel fumes will not hold that against them. They started with a Macgregor 26s, translate water ballast. Their antics as new sailors, will make you laugh, but will also hold you spell bound. Sumner was a garage slash machine shop slash upholstery shop, well in truth Ruth did the sewing, master. Ask him and he would probably say he tinkered a bit. If you can find the time, go to his web site, MacGregor 26s Purple Sage, look thru some of their adventures an miss adventures. Check out his genius at boat mods, in my humble option he was right up there with Edison an Ford. (well almost ). Ruth his beloved wife was always by his side, as you will sense through his writing in his heart as well. We have lost an unsung gift, an it is a grief that so few will ever know it. Please join me and raise a glass to a beautiful sister of the water. Thanks. Mark
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: A tribute to Ruth's passing.

Post by whwells »

Mark: Very nice thoughts for your friends.
whwells "Howard"

Return to “General Discussion”