• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Cape Cod member looking for a 28TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
BobHaze
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hyannis

New Cape Cod member looking for a 28TE

Post by BobHaze »

Hello everyone. I'm another lifelong sailor who is making the move to power, and I really like the Albin 28TE. To keep the admiral happy we have to sell our Catalina 30 first, but that's in the works now. We're empty nesters who have co-owned the Catalina for some 10 years with some close friends, but now we're looking forward to cruising the Cape Cod to Long Island Sound area, and maybe up to Boston, by ourselves. The 28TE looks a bit cozy for any length of time, but there are always B&B's etc. on shore if the boat starts to feel small on a cruise.
Anyway, I'm already impressed with the breadth of information in this group and am looking forward to picking your collective brains as we move forward with this buy.
Bob
Former owner of 2004 Albin 35 CB COMPASS ROSE
Former owner of 2001 28 TE ALLEGRO
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Cape Cod member looking for a 28TE

Post by whwells »

Hello Bob: Sounds like the good and fun life to me. Yes, and you will love the 28te. The larger 35te has been great for me, but there is something to be said for the flexibility of a towable 28te and simple winter storage. Go for it and enjoy.
whwells "Howard"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Bob, wife an I were also sailboat owners for many years. Age has taken it's toll, we are now preparing to take delivery of a new to us Albin 27. Have spent some time on this site and think you will find it very helpful.
poillon1

Post by poillon1 »

Just about to broker list our 1998 28 TE with the hard to find 330 Cummins! We are on the LI Sound if you would like to come down and give her a run... the McCoys 802-279-2565
kowal_53
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by kowal_53 »

There is a message board for posting boats for sale. There are several 28s there, so take a look. There are couple more on the TE message board. The 2006 one is mine, but Annapolis might be a bit far for you.
Current: Good Mojo 2008 TE 31 - Cummins QSC 8.3 500 HP
Former: Blue Without You 2006 TE 28 - Yanmar 6PLA - 315 HP
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Post by Marcy K »

Hi Bob,

Welcome to AOG and good luck with your search for an A 28. There are several on the Cape. We have an A 34 at Redbrook Harbor - Kingman Yacht Center in Cataumet. You are welcome to visit us if you'd like. Our boat is not for sale we love her. Had an A 27 for 10 years and traveled all over New England with her. The plan is to take Paumanok to Canada next summer.

Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Redbrook Harbor, Cataunet MA
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA

Return to “New Member Introductions”